B:Music's mission is to inspire a love of live music, through performance, participation and learning.
To provide event reporting, calculating and transacting event settlements for the charity and trading company. The role holder will assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts, accurately processing all transactions within a restricted timescale and provide general accounting and administration support to the finance team
- Co-ordination of all internal and external information for settlement calculations.
- Undertake all event settlements including settlement calculation, journal preparation and posting, liaison with promoters and artists, and the preparation of weekly BACS payments.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts and event reporting, including the timely posting of event related and other journals.
- Preparation and processing of accounting entries for Food & Beverage departments.
- Develop good working relationships with other departments; ensuring all information is received promptly and any issues dealt with in a timely manner.
- Setting up of new event codes in the finance system and other systems.
- Provide budgetary control and maintain records of the charity and trading company income and expenditure.
- Monthly reconciliation of various control accounts, including investigation and resolution of any balances, to ensure delivery of accurate month end reports.
- Provision of ad-hoc management information for events.
- Calculation and submission of quarterly FET reporting.
- Provide general accounting and administration support to the finance team.
- Duties and responsibilities will vary from time to time and the post-holder will be expected to perform all the other such duties as are reasonably comparable.
- High level of numeracy and good attention to detail.
- Competency in MS Office, particularly MS Excel.
- Previous experience of working in an accounting environment and in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills combined with self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills. With the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to operate with confidence, credibility and initiative across all functions and levels of the organisation.
- Achievement of/working towards an accounting qualification (e.g. AAT)
Reporting to: Management Accountant
Contract type: Full time 36 hours per week
Location: Symphony Hall, Birmingham