Category: I.T. & Communications
Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes, keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing.At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open.What will you be doing?
As the Document Controller, you will work across Programme and Project Teams, supporting the end-to-end governance process and RAG dashboard, assisting with Project Take Over, liaising with the site and project-based staff, and ensuring retrieval of accurate documentation from key stakeholders is uploaded on the project document management system (TWEXnet Business Collaborator), and close outs in RAG.
We're looking for you to
- Ensure all project documentation is correctly named, uploaded, and filed on the project document management system (TWEXnet Business Collaborator) on approved templates and version control is maintained
- Setting up and maintaining project handover delivery trackers
- Maintain satisfactory uploading of subcontractor documents to TWEXnet i.e., update metadata to maintain consistency across all documents.
- Maintaining and monitoring of Business Collaborator Assure and closure in RAG.
- Maintain all site folders in a state where archiving can be completed efficiently and retrieved
- Liaise with the Project Handover Manager and Project Managers, providing updates on project status and highlighting and chasing missing documentation
- Copying and scanning of project documentation
- Provide and record Asset tags to Operations teams
What's in it for you?
- Hold excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office systems.
- Have strong experience working in an administrative role.
- Understand the Capital Delivery end-to-end governance process and RAG dashboard.
- Have previous experience with TWEXnet Business Collaborator is desirable.
- Have experience in documentation control gained within the construction sector is desirable.
- Hold experience in coordinating the work of others
- Have planning / Project Management experience
- Have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have the determination to see tasks through to completion, with excellent planning, attention to detail, and organisation skills
- Be able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Can understand how the operations of the department relate to others and work collaboratively to obtain the best outcome for the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly engaged and professional team. The role will suit a determined individual who is looking for the next challenge and who enjoys working as part of a team.Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you'll enjoy a fulfilling career and flexible working arrangements.We're also proud to embrace and promote diversity and believe that creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve will help us to thrive. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process. Find out more about working at Thames WaterWe deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities and the environment can thrive. This means, when a crisis happens, we all rally round to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you'll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an Ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It's also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues and a earn bit of extra money along the way.Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can't consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.