Wood in Reading are seeking a Senior HVAC Engineer to join on a staff basis.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects, and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.
We are the world's engineers, the company that makes the world a better place, the company that delivers the change the world needs most, and the company that doesn't just talk sustainability but makes it real for our clients and ourselves - because our ideas, our expertise, and our ability to scale solutions enables us to transform the world.
Our vision is to deliver solutions that transform the world.
Wood's Projects business unit specialises in delivering predictable and consistent results in high complexity projects that include new technology, challenging construction logistics and, or sheer scale. Just like the nature and expansiveness of our sectors, so is our Projects business, in its solutions, abilities and global track record. Across any major capital project lifecycle, we provide a full suite of solutions from programme and project management, to engineering and design, procurement, construction, and project delivery.
Powered by a global team, we deliver some of the world's boldest and most critical projects in many diverse and evolving sectors, including:
- Upstream / Midstream / Downstream Oil & Gas
- Renewable Energy
- Mining & Minerals
- Industrials & Manufacturing
- Life Sciences
- Government services
The role is to provide HVAC services across refinery, petrochemical and energy transition FEED and EPCM projects.
- Performing HVAC engineering activities for projects
- Acting as originator (or checker) and approver (where necessary) for HVAC engineering deliverables
- Assist in planning and scheduling of discipline deliverables and activities.
- Coordinating with all disciplines (as necessary) in the preparation and development of the deliverables
- Applying your knowledge and experience in the design and substantiation of ventilation systems and delivering HVAC designs at a Principal Level
- Producing ventilation system design deliverables, i.e., Ventilation Flow Diagrams (VFD's), Basis of Design (BoD), Plant Sizing Calculations (Heating / Cooling / Fan Sizing) Control Philosophy
- Delivering written work including Equipment Specifications and Design Assessment Reports
- Identifying scope and schedule changes in accordance with Change Control Process
- Ensuring design complies with the relevant procedures and regulations.
- Ensuring, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
- Preparing estimates and schedules and assisting in their review
- Performs sizing of HVAC equipment to the degree necessary for the stage of project
- Hybrid working available.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree Qualified in relevant field.
- FEED / EPC experience
- Experience of client management and briefing activities.
- Experience of coordination activities within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Sound technical, construction and specification knowledge of HVAC / Building Services equipment, and systems.
- Good project management skills within HVAC discipline.
- Experience of client / industry standards in the Oil and Gas sector.
- Preferable - Knowledge of current 'Green' directives as they relate to HVAC and building services.
What we can offer
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across the energy transition, emerging and conventional energy sectors
- A caring team culture; we support each other professionally and personally, encouraging knowledge sharing across all areas of the business
- Energy Transition Academy; join a community of experts sharing your knowledge and gaining more exposure to a variety of existing and emerging energy systems - delivered by experts in their field
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive renumeration package with regular reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays),plus the potential for one additional 'flex day' per month. Further benefits include a generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
All candidates must currently have the right to work in the United Kingdom