Category: I.T. & Communications
Overview / Responsibilities Join Wood! It's a future for all of us
. We aspire to shape a better tomorrow by unlocking solutions that address the biggest challenges facing our clients and our society.
Wood is recruiting for a Graduate Controls and Instrumentation (C&I) Engineer to join our Data Management Consultancy from Summer 2024 within our Digital Consultancy team based in Hull .
As a Wood Graduate you will j oin a culture of innovation
, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients. The Role
Wood is deeply committed to the development of its people and recognises the importance of growing a talented team of professionals with expertise in r enewab le e nerg y in order to ensure the future success of the organisation and the e nergy sectors that we support.
As a Graduate C&I Engineer , you will have exposure to different parts of the Data Management Consultancy business gaining vital skills. Who we are looking for
We are looking for high -achieving Graduate Conrols and Instrumentation Engineers with a desire to learn and an ambition work within the Digital Consultancy marketplace ; engineers who will enjoy collaborating across multi-discipline teams , problem solving , trouble shooting , detailed analysis, and who are willing to embrace new ideas and take on challenging assignments . Our Clients and Projects
Within our Digital Operations Consultancy business, we service a varied client base worldwide, including Energy, Materials, utilities and power generation companies. We provide value added services bespoke to the clients' requirements across; engineering, data management, digital solutions, digital transformation, digital sustain and maintain, lifecycle information, advisory services, project management, through all the phases of the asset operational lifecycle. The work that we do for our clients is key to supporting the drive for digitalisation across operational assets, enabling clients to make better decisions using smarter data and toolsets. What we offer Graduate s:
- Technical and personal development; you will have access to a wealth of technical and personal development resources and opportunities
- Support throughout your career; you will be assigned a buddy , and departmental manager to ensure your professional development
Early Careers Network
- Experience across relevant business areas ; to enhance your knowledge and experience in order to become a well-rounded Renewable Energy Consultant
- Meaningful and interesting projects; delivered to leaders of industry across the r enewable e nergy sector
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive salary ; with incremental increases as you progress as a graduate
- Flexible benefits package; inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Early Careers Network (ECN); join your peers within our ECN and have the opportunity to support and share ideas with other recent graduates across our business units
- Global connections; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
You will have access to the Early Careers Network that brings together young professionals and offers continuing professional development opportunities.
Early Careers Network activities include:
- Networking opportunities
- Organised social events
- Lunch and learn sessions
- Technical and soft skills training
- Participation in STEM events
- Access to Wood's Global Developing Professionals Network
Watch this video to learn more about Early Careers at Wood:
•v=ixsObyLi200 Application Process and deadlines Upload your CV and enter your details to our recruitment system via the link on the advert Closing date for all applications will be Friday 10th November We will review applications in November We will then be holding screening calls throughout November / December with those candidates that fit the criteria below Shortlisted candidates will receive invitations to assessment centres and/or interviews in January Assessments will take place in February depending on location and discipline Skills / Qualifications
You may read these details and are potentially thinking about not applying due to not having every single skill, knowledge or experience listed, and that's understandable . However, we'd still like to hear from you. At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, and we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all of the talent that is out there . We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences . So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but feel you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges do apply. Expected:
If all of this sounds good to you, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood! Company Overview
- Academic qualifications that meet the IET requirements for CEng registration; either a BEng (Hons) degree in control and instrumentation engineering or similar accredited for CEng plus an appropriate and accredited Masters degree, or an integrated MEng degree in control and instrumentation engineering or similar accredited for CEng
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environme nts
- Previous experience either voluntary or work placement within a r enewable e nergy environment is desirable
- D riving license valid for use in UK and abroad
- Willingness to travel occasionally (UK and abroad) as part of work assignments
- The right to work in th e UK
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.