Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Piping Engineer's with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. This is an excellent opportunity to support ongoing work within our Engineering HUB in Glasgow for a 2 year project with growth potential. Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients
Skills / Qualifications Qualifications :
- Contributing to technical delivery of engineering excellence through:
- Executing assigned scopes of work.
- Providing discipline expertise to the business.
- Supporting and supervising task delegation to team.
- Performs engineering assignments, usually representing a significant portion of a larger project. Selects engineering techniques to solve problems and makes design recommendations
- Participates as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering assignment
- Directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects
- Ensures successful completion of the assigned project/phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints
- Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work
- Evaluates problems, organizes investigations and establishes general performance specifications for components, equipment, systems, processes
- Check Engineering calculations as well as check all drawings in accordance with industry codes and standards
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Performs complex engineering tasks related to specific units of major projects
- BSc, B.Eng. or equivalent professional qualification
- HNC / HND in engineering or equivalent with relevant considerable experience
- Demonstrable balance of industrial experience at relevant level and position
- Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a particular context
- Professional demeanour, interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate team working skills
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
- Willing to spend time away from office location as and when operation requires
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.