A great opportunity has become available for a reliable and skilled Gas Scheduler to join a dynamic regional company recognised for developing and training its staff to succeed in their roles. Based in Woking, you will join our client on a full-time, permanentbasis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of£27,000 per annum and excellent benefits.
Our client is an expanding construction and maintenance company specialising in providing professional and high-quality construction, refurbishment, building maintenance and facilities management services across the south of England.
With a focus on delivering exceptional service to their clients and customers, this position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
Our clients Company values
They take pride in everything they do - Which means they expect all their employees to:
- Present a professional appearance at all times
- Keep your vehicle clean and tidy at all times
- Keep your work area safe, tidy and well organised
- Deliver a high standard of work at all times
Their Company Benefits:
- 31 days annual leave rising to 36 days with length of service (including bank holidays)
- They offer a flexible scheme to buy or sell up to 5 days of annual leave per year
- On top of your salary, you will receive a £100 on call retainer for each week you are on call, and will be paid for each call out you attend
- Company sick pay after 12 months length of service/after probation
- Life Insurance
- Octopus Electric Dreams Car Scheme to enable staff to drive a new electric car - paid for through salary sacrifice
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Employee recognition scheme
- Length of Service Rewards
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme of 8% (5% Employer and 3% Employee)
- Employee Assistance Programme to support all staff
- Refer a Friend scheme
Key responsibilities as their Gas Scheduler will include:
- Ensuring that all annual Statutory Gas Servicing appointments or safety works are efficiently and effectively arranged with tenants, and resourced and managed to ensure all properties are compliant
- Being the point of contact for all Gas compliance or remedial works
- Working closely with the Gas Manager for any technical and process advice needs and raising concerns so that proactive plans are made
- Ensuring the Works Management Gas PPM Module and the Clients Compliance System is accurately and timely updated with servicing information
- Ensuring the Job Management Systems, and any other system used to deliver the service, are updated in a timely and accurate way
- Constantly monitoring the appointment screens and statuses to identify potential issues before they happen, to make the correct decisions to rectify and own the issue through to resolution pulling on the Supervisors or Contract Manager if required
- Proactively managing operative annual leave and training requirements
What they are looking for in their Gas Scheduler:
- Proficient and confident in your use and adaptability to a range of IT systems to include, but not limited to MS Office and our own bespoke job management system
- The ability to organise, prioritise, and schedule jobs to meet appointments by planning into the future using the measures of the job management system, and able to organise staff and operative rotas to meet appointment demand
- Confident and adaptable in your ability to be able to talk to clients, tenants, building users, operatives and subcontractors in quick succession
- The ability to self-manage and be self-motivated, prioritising work and have the desire to solve problems and eliminate waste
- Understand customer service, and coach and supervise a team to provide a professional service
- A basic knowledge of building maintenance trades and the tasks/activities that can be undertaken by each trade group
- Have a good geographical understanding of the Woking area, including main highways, the best routes, and travel times between different locations
- GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in English and Maths
- Relevant qualification in Business Administration or Customer Service (Advantageous)
- Ideally have a full driving licence
- Experience working in an Operations Centre of a Building Maintenance Contract
- Experience in scheduling work in a fast-paced environment
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their Gas Scheduler then please click "apply" now - We'd love to hear from you!
Our client is an Equal Opportunities employer and a member of the Disability Confident Scheme. They are also a member of the Hampshire Construction Training Association.
It is a further requirement that all staff must pass a DBS check.