Our local authority client is currently recruiting for 5x experienced Building Surveyors to work in various teams including Disrepair, Refurbishment, Voids, Day-to-day repairs and Damp and Mould.
- Work with the AD Director of Repairs, Strategic Head of Housing Repairs and/or any other delegated manager to implement and develop effective systems to regularly inspect the external and communal parts of property, to identify any requirements for reactive repairs and cyclical maintenance, and to ensure the works required are carried out or programmed according to urgency and priority.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues across Housing services to ensure a joint approach to improve quality and customer satisfaction for residents.
- Support and manage a flexible approach to the deployment of resources within the Property Services Division to respond effectively to fluctuations in workload. Support and manage different types of work within the Property Services Division in response to the changes in the volume of work.
- Highlight key investment needs and considerations to the Property Planning and Assets Team so that works can be appropriately planned in major works programmes
PERSON SPECIFICATION/SELECTION CRITERIA
- The post holder must hold either a degree in building surveying and/or the equivalent experience in delivering the disrepair service.
- They need to demonstrate at least 3 to 5 years management experience.
- Extensive experience in building surveying and/or repairs operational delivery or supervising contracts or disrepair case management.
- Extensive experience of housing responsive repairs including experience of working in a customer service organization providing a high-quality service to members of the public consistently and sensitively, according to their needs and customer care standards.
- Extensive experience of construction and housing maintenance works and the ability to recognise repair problems and identify defects and relevant remedial works.
- A thorough grasp of building construction and a working knowledge of domestic mechanical and electrical installations.
Please apply below.