HEAD OF HOUSING DEVELOPMENT
You will be the Council's lead officer for the coordination and delivery of new housing development projects and programmes.
The role will require you to lead the housing delivery work, prioritising where necessary and work at pace to deliver a key priority for the Council.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Track record of enabling the delivery of housing schemes
- Experience of innovative housing solutions
- Large scale complex property-based housing new supply schemes, eg. Estate regeneration
- Understanding of RTB and HRA regime and Development appraisal
- Wide knowledge and experience of the range of affordable and intermediate housing supply solutions
- Experience of preparing and submitting successful bids for funding
- Management and ability to work with multi-disciplinary consultant teams
- Commercial negotiations and business plans including understanding development appraisals and S106 agreements
SKILLS YOU CAN DEMONSTRATE
- Project management - including understanding of good governance, reporting, programme and risk management
- Record keeping and organization to a level that enables the enactment of a robust legal process
- Budget management; reporting, recording, forecasting and ensuring value for money
- Ability to communicate with business and property owners, tenants, members of the public and elected representatives
- Ability to get on and motivate colleagues and drive results
- Report writing both formal and informal
- Good verbal reasoning and reporting skills
Please apply below.