If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Senior Director, Finance
Expedia Product & Technology is building the platform that will enable what is next in travel. The Senior Director of Finance will set the vision for the License & Maintenance, and Cloud centers of Excellence and drive the core responsibilities of forecasting and reporting. This leader will manage a team of fourteen and report to the VP of Finance. The role requires an individual that is passionate about continuous improvement, business partnership, and using data to drive insights into the business and decisions.
What you'll do:
- Lead the Center of Excellence that forecasts, plans and drives commercial Cloud contracts & data center capital investments
- Serve as a leader, influencer, and contributor across Finance
- Establish a culture that values high quality delivery of information; work to continuously improve the organization's level of operational excellence
- Challenge the organization to evaluate and implement new and upcoming trends in Finance to drive performance and enhance the competitive advantage of Product & Technology
- Use expertise in financial analysis to present and communicate financial results to senior executives and influence them in developing new strategies to enhance the organization's financial performance
- Drive the financial forecast process working with business partners and Corporate Finance
- Set industry standard for complex financial modeling and continuously improve the company's reporting and modelling tools based on best practice, enabling advanced financial modeling
- Manage projects from inception to close, with superb planning and communication skills to establish timelines, prioritize work, and set partner expectations
- Establish key organizational performance indicators and metrics to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Implement solutions, cognizant of financial and operational factors that work across business units/functions resulting in improved financial performance
- Provide input into the organization's business model and operations to drive larger business decisions that advance the organization's mission and enhance its reputation
- Drive project/process resources and requirements that result in the right policies, practices, trends, and information that shape the organization
- Guide organization-wide resource utilization to force simplicity, maximize performance, and value add; monitors the organization's operational efficiency
- Strategically nurture relationships with key decision-makers by helping them successfully navigate through critical business changes and address complex issues in their businesses
- Model and encourage others to handle conflict openly and productively
- Promote a "one-team" mentality that encourages ownership and collaboration around technical and customer problems irrespective of organizational boundaries
- Cultivate effective relationships and collaborate with the business, technology, program management, and other partner teams
- Create pipelines of talent for the future from both internal and external talent pools while setting the vision for the team
- Build an extraordinary team environment
Who you are you:
- Strong people management skills and ability to successfully lead up, down, and across the organization
- Demonstrable ability to establish trusted, effective relationships across diverse sets of partners
- Analytical problem solver, assessing risks and pitfalls, taking appropriate risks
- Thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and competing priorities
- Strong quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills. Proficiency in financial modeling
- Proven ability to influence and drive leadership to decisions and tangible outcomes
- A storyteller that can build and clearly communicate a vision and strategy
- Passion for Results - drive high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously work towards challenging goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate financial concepts to all audiences
- Passionate to make things better at every opportunity and challenge the status quo
- Results driven, highly motivated, and curious with a growth mindset and willingness to learn
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience in travel, technology, or e-commerce businesses preferred
The total cash range for this position in Seattle is $254,000 to $330,000. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $406,500, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia Expedia Partner Solutions, Vrbo , trivago , Orbitz , Travelocity , Hotwire , Wotif , ebookers , CheapTickets , Expedia Group Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert and Expedia Cruises .
2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: -50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group's Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you're confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the "Apply" button below.