Come and join the UK's 4 th largest independent provider in neuro and mental healthcare. We proudly employ over 4000+ people -no matter what your experience, we have jobs for everyone.
We are offering a £30,000 welcome bonus for this role
We'dlike you to join us as the Medical Director and Consultant CAMHS Psychiatrist at Ivetsey Bank Hospital in Stafford. This role will be based on Wedgwood - our Eating Disorders service.
Ivetsey Bank Hospital is a Tier 4 Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) hospital for young people aged 12-18 with a diagnosed mental health condition. We're committed to helping every person we support feel safe, happy and empowered, enabling them to live the best life possible.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide line management and professional accountability for other medical colleagues on site.
- Work closely with the Hospital Director and site SMT to ensure the service is clinically safe, well led, effective and compliant with all CQC / NHSE regulatory requirements.
- Lead on / support / advise on any serious medical incident investigations / root cause analysis investigations, safeguarding referrals, etc.
- Provide clear leadership on clinical standards for the Hospital and to take specific responsibility for specific quality measures, at the minimum: prescribing errors, compliance with the Mental Health Act / Mental Capacity Act, quality of the MDT meetings, risk assessments and risk management strategies.
- Taking clinical responsibility for patients including multidisciplinary ward rounds, risk reviews, strategic reviews and the development of a therapeutic milieu.
- Fulfilling the role of Responsible Clinician to young people detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 (amended 2007). Medically responsible under the Mental Health Act for the medical treatment of all of the young people on their ward.
- Review each of the young people at least weekly and that these assessments are documented.
- The post holder will be expected to take part in and supervise medically related audits and present these to the audit meeting and Clinical Governance.
- The post holder will be expected to lead the clinical team effectively, direct treatment, liaise with referrers, commissioners and all external agencies relating to the young person's care.
- To take part in a second on-call rota (telephone support only)
What you'll have:
- Full GMC registration
- The post holder must be on the specialist register and have sufficient experience in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry to be confident in discharging their clinical responsibilities to the young people on their ward.
- The post holder is required to be an approved clinician under section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended 2007).
- Maintaining CPD and revalidation requirements as determined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists and the General Medical Council.
- To be a good team player and keen to participate in a multidisciplinary approach to assessment, formulation and management plans.
We also want to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable facilities to participate in job applications or interviews to perform essential job functions. To support this, we are a Disability Confident committed employer.
What to look forward to:
- £30,000 welcome bonus (subject to T&Cs)
- 25 days plus bank holidays
- Birthday off
- Join theActive Learning Huband benefit from a wide range of e learning and face to face training and development opportunities
- Active Reward App giving discounts and savings on your weekly shop
- Free 24 hour confidentialEmployee Assistance Programme Helpline & Appto support with legal, health, wellbeing, relationship and consumer advice
- ANest Personal Pensionaccount
- Access to join aMedicash Health Planfor you and your family to save money on everyday health essentials - like going to the dentist or opticians
- We recognise outstandingActive Behavioursvia theActive Awardsprogramme
- Enhanced Sick & Maternity Pay benefits
- Refer a Friend Schemeand earn yourself up to£1000by recommending someone you know
- and, of course, the support and guidance of our qualified clinical and business leadership teams so that you can really develop your career with Active Care Group