Job Number Job Category
Finance & AccountingLocation
St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, Euston Road, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Management Let your passion for discovery become a career. Explore, discover, share, and inspire at St Pancras Renaissance Hotel
At St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel, we demonstrate a true sense of pride in all that we do, we operate collaboratively as one team, we are warm and thoughtful in our make-up, and our spirit of high performance ensures our product and concepts remain fresh and relevant.
As our strategic financial business partner, the Director of Finance
will champion, develop and implement property-wide strategies that deliver our financial and overall business results. You will provide financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand and St Pancras service strategy and initiatives while maximizing the return on investment. In addition, with your leadership colleagues, you will create and execute a business plan that is aligned with the property and brand's business strategy and focuses on the execution of financial activities and the delivery of desirable financial results. You'll be expected to deliver on the following:
- Improves profit growth in operating departments.
- Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence the executive team, the hotel's strategies and to lead own team.
- Advises the General Manager and Executive Committee on existing and evolving operating/financial issues.
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
- Creates the annual operating budget for the property.
- Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for property managers.
- Implements a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
- Ensures a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability.
- Reconciles balance sheet to ensure account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
- Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g., costs are properly matched to revenue; costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
- Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cash flow and owner priorities.
- Ensures compliance with management contract and reporting requirements.
- Manages communication with owners in an effective manner.
- Analyzes financial data and market trends.
- Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy.
- Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and other departments managers' clear accountability backed by appropriate authority.
- Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual business plan which is aligned with the company's and brand's strategic direction.
- Provides on going analytical support by monitoring the operating department's actual and projected sales.
- Manages property working capital and cash flow in accordance with brand SOPs and owner requirements.
- Produces accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in the business.
- Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team.
- Ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
What is in it for you:
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 5 years' experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
As well as a competitive salary, investment in your personal development, you will have the opportunity to enjoy a huge variety of perks and discounts:
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer.We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.We are committed to non-discrimination onanyprotectedbasis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) increasing with service.
- Annual Bonus based on personal and business performance
- Private Medical Health
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Annual Performance Review pay
- Free Access to the Gym and spa
- Free St Pancras Experience including plus one.
- Free meals at work
- Dry-cleaning service
- Free enrolment of Perks at Work- Access to unlimited deals of retailers and more.
- Discount of 50% in any of the St Pancras outlets.
- Marriott Discount Card enabling to benefits from hotel stays: room, gift shops and F&B across 130 countries
- Travel ticket season loan
- Refer a friend scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistant Program
- Comprehensive Training and Development program.
- Awards and recognition celebrations and many more .
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn't find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you're in the right place. You've got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That's why we're not just looking for anyone. We're looking for someone like you.