Category: I.T. & Communications
Role: Principal Network Specialist - SC Cleared
Location: London (Hybrid/2-3 days/week on site)
Rate: £900/day (Umbrella) MAX
Duration: Until 31/3/24 initially
Security Clearance: SC
- Work with the Principal Infrastructure Engineer and Lead Infrastructure Engineers in the day to day management of the wireless LAN, WAN, including the network devices and security devices that are deployed.
- Responsible for the management of a team of network engineers, including recruitment, training, and yearly performance reviews.
- Design and implementation of new services as and when required.
- Provide second/third line support and problem solving for the internal network.
- To work within the Network Operations team on the physical and technical implementation of network services using key skills to enhance networking and security elements that will be deployed.
- Develop process and procedures for other engineers to ensure a secure and robust environment for users with KPIs in place is maintain this level
- Develop automation for patching and configuration of; Switches, Firewalls, WLAN infrastructure
- Work with cloud technologies on the migration of existing systems and implementing new solutions
- Be prepared to work out of normal office hours to implement change, when necessary, including weekend and evening work, including being on call
- To maintain integrity, availability, performance and capacity management of the networking infrastructure.
- Manage escalated Incidents and Problems from the Live Service through to resolution
- Carry out change control activities within the networking infrastructure, working with change managers to enhance the change process.
- Document and configure management of networking infrastructure.
- Work within technical compliance management to co-operate with technologies, such as PSN and Cloud computing etc.
- Develop and possibly carry out security testing techniques for network infrastructure.
It's essential that you have:
- Proven expert knowledge and experience in LAN and Wireless LAN networking design, preferably with equipment from a range of different product vendors
- Team Management experience such as managing the small team of Network Engineers.
- Proven expert knowledge and experience in WAN networking using BGP, OSPF.
- Proven extensive experience and hands-on experience of the design and implementation of Wireless and Wired networks
- Proven expert experience and hands-on experience of the design and implementation of security devices such as VPN Gateways and clients, Firewalls and Unified Threat Management Devices.
- Demonstrable experience of using infrastructure as code to setup and configure networking devices.
- Proven expert knowledge of networking concepts and technologies and proven experience of network implementation and operation.
- Strong demonstrable proven problem solving and analytical skills in a fast paced, multidisciplinary digital/technology environment.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings as required
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of secure enterprise networking and the secure configuration of LANs, WLANs and WANs.
- Experience of change management processes
- Professional skills including excellent customer relationship and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage with senior management, technical architects and solution providers
- A proven working experience configuring and troubleshooting Layer 7 Firewalls.
- Juniper, Palo Alto, Cisco and Fortinet Firewalls, Routing and Switching.
- Cisco and Extreme wireless LAN.
- Cybersecurtiy awareness and understanding.
- Strong knowledge of encryption solutions such as PKI and IPSec.
- Strong understanding of encryption protocols and cipher suites.
- SC clearance required.
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Use of Cloud-based systems and platforms.
- Substantial configuration and maintenance experience with Palo Alto, Fortigate and Cisco ASA security devices.
- Substantial configuration and maintenance experience with Cisco and Juniper Switches.
- Substantial configuration and maintenance experience with Extreme and Cisco wireless LAN controllers and wireless access points.
Security Clearance: SC
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources