London | Today
Kent | Today
Surrey | Today
Oxfordshire | Today
Essex | Today
Worcestershire | Today
Sussex | Today
County Durham | Today
York | Today
Northumberland | Today
Are you a qualified Chef looking to work with fresh seasonal food, with the opportunity to have more of a work life balance and make what you do matter?
Working as a Head Chef at Barchester, you will have the chance to deliver hotel/restaurant standards without the split shifts and long weeks. Chefs have full autonomy in creating nutritious, flavoursome and well balanced menus whilst liaise with residents to tailor the menus around them. We are proud to deliver person centred hospitality across all our services and look for warm, motivated and passionate chefs who are driven by quality and high standards.
Here at Barchester, we work with an open, honest, supportive approach, where quality of care is at the heart of everything we do. As sector leading healthcare experts, we are proud to have the highest quality ratings across our 224 homes and hospitals across the UK.
Barchester have proudly been awarded a two-star outstanding rating by Best Companies, ranked 11th in the top 20 Best Health & Social Care Companies to work for and 14th in the Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK.
NEED TO HAVE
• A personable and warm approach with a genuine interest in the wellbeing of residents
• Hold City & Guilds/NVQ/SVQ or equivalent
• Experience in leading, motivating and inspiring a team
• A good understanding of nutrition
• Experience of working with fresh seasonal food
• The ability to create a warm and welcoming environment within our home
• Confidence engaging with residents to create appetising and nutritious menus
• Good understanding of HACCP
NEED TO DO
• Menu development- tailor menus around residents and to ensure we deliver person centred hospitality
• Work with fresh produce to deliver high quality and wholesome dishes cooked at the highest quality and standards
• Create a warm, efficient and fun environment
• Work within budget
• Complete regular audits
• Manage stock control
• To lead, motivate, inspire and develop a team
• Recruitment and retention
• Rewarding Excellence bonus, meaning you will be financially rewarded by up to £500 for a Good or Outstanding CQC inspection
• Unlimited access to our generous refer a friend scheme, earning up to £500 per referral
• Access to a wide range of retail and leisure discounts at big brands and supermarkets
• Free access to medical specialists, who are available for a second opinion if you need it to make a decision with confidence
• Confidential and free access to counselling and legal services
• Tax code review service, where we will check that you are on the right code and paying the right level of tax
• Option to join our monthly staff lottery alongside thousands of colleagues across the UK
Terms & conditions apply
If you are a passionate Chef who is keen to be part of a company that is driven by quality and who love to celebre life, Barchester is the place to be.