7.5t Customer Delivery Driver - (Huntingdon) - £33,096 p.a. + benefits. As part of a two-person delivery team our Customer Delivery Drivers will deliver mattresses, bed frames and furniture products into customers homes and may help to assemble the products in their room of choice, being a key representative of the Bensons brand.
As a Bensons for Beds Customer Delivery Driver, you will delight our customers with an exceptional customer experience ensuring every task is carried out with our customers in mind. You'll be the face of Bensons for our customers, ensuring we drive courteously, give a warm greeting, handling products with care as you deliver products on time and to a room of their choice following the guidance in our Customer Delivery Charter.
The daily tasks as a Customer Delivery Driver will include:
- Complete your deliveries on time, to schedule and most importantly ensuring your customers are left happy, keeping your customer informed by calling ahead.
- Support an environment and culture within Bensons for Beds where the Customer is firmly at the centre of everything that we do.
- Ensure your vehicle is clean and fit for the next delivery to represent Bensons in our communities, monitoring for roadworthiness and reporting any defects, ensuring compliance with all transport legal requirements.
- Creating a good impression to our customers adhering to company uniform policy and being friendly and helpful throughout, wearing overshoes and gloves during the delivery.
- Deliver and assemble furniture in the customers room of choice, collecting old products for recycling as required, leaving the customers home tidy and remove all packaging.
- Engage all customers by communicating in a warm, friendly and professional manner ensuring they are left with a positive impression of our service (and our business card with our details), championing Bensons products and doing all you can to deliver a great customer experience, as you would expect as a customer yourself.
- Completing any inbound/outbound paperwork promptly and accurately, and working with warehouse and cross dock teams as necessary to ensure products are loaded safely and without damage, feeding back any suggestions for improvements constructively and professionally.
The Skills & Licence requirements
- A UK driving licence Cat C1.
- Valid driver's CPC DQ card / valid drivers digital card
- Previous commercial driving experience in a 7.5t vehicle
- Previous experience and understanding of using digital tachographs
- Good people skills and some previous experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to lift and manoeuvre heavy items of furniture with manual handling experience
- Understanding of EU Driving legislation and tachograph law
- Desirable experience of using a PDA
- Please note that for insurance purposes you should be aged 21 years or over.
In return for your contribution to the team's performance, we offer a competitive base salary plus all these extra benefits:
- Employee discount scheme for Bensons products
- Medicash - cashback options for Health and wellbeing services (dental, optical, virtual GP, other healthcare services and more)
- Unum Income Protection - for peace of mind if you're off work long term due to illness
- Pension scheme - provided by Legal & General
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Annual leave buy & sell scheme - you can top up your holiday entitlement or sell unused days to suit you
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Retail Trust services (guidance and support on retail issues, mental health, wellbeing & financial topics)
- Learning and development programmes to gain new knowledge and skills
- Career progression - access to internal opportunities to build your career within Bensons for Beds
- Long service awards and 'Love to Shop' voucher rewards to spend as you like
( qualifying periods and terms apply)
About Bensons for Beds
We're Bensons for Beds! We put Sleep Wellness at the heart of everything we do. With 100 years of experience in sourcing and manufacturing the best quality beds, frames and mattresses, at Bensons we understand how to design the perfect, tailored sleep experience. We have 170+ locations and employ c 1800 colleagues. Under new ownership of Alteri Investors we have an ambitious 3 year plan to grow the business further and achieve our mission of being the market leading bed retailer with a strong omnichannel presence.
If this sounds like you and you want to join a great team that are devoted to deliver great customer service, apply today!.