7.5tonne Service Delivery Driver - Huncoat - £31,150pa + Benefits. As part of a two-person delivery team our Driver's will assist with deliveries and may help to assemble the products at our customers homes.About Bensons for Beds
No 'one size fits all' when it comes to finding the perfect sleep experience for customers and that's why at Bensons for Beds we put Sleep Wellness at the heart of everything we do. With nearly 70 years of retail and 100 years of manufacturing experience in sourcing the best quality beds, frames and mattresses, at Bensons we understand how to design the perfect, tailored sleep experience. We have 190+ locations across our retail, manufacturing and distribution sites, employing c 1800 colleagues. Under new ownership of Alteri Investors we have an ambitious 3-year plan to grow the business further and achieve our mission of becoming the market leading bed retailer with a strong omnichannel presence. Your salary would be £31,150pa Plus Benefits.
As a Bensons for Beds Service Delivery Driver you will be delivering our beds and bedroom furniture to our customers from one of our 5 distribution centres mentioned above. Our DC's are located in Ayr, Durham, Accrington, Tewksbury, Dagenham and Huntingdon.
Your key responsibilities as a Service Delivery Driver will include:
The Skills & Licence requirements
- Complete your deliveries on time, to schedule and most importantly ensuring your customers are left happy.
- Be friendly and helpful throughout.
- Keep your customer informed by calling ahead.
- Deliver and assemble furniture .
- Support an environment and culture within Bensons for Beds where the Customer is firmly at the centre of everything that we do.
- Monitor the vehicle for roadworthiness and report any defects.
The BenefitsIn return for your contribution to the team's performance, we offer a competitive base salary plus all these extra benefits:
- A UK driving licence Cat C1.
- Valid driver's CPC DQ card / valid drivers digital card
- Previous commercial driving experience in a 7.5t vehicle
- Previous experience and understanding of using digital tachographs
- Ability to lift and manoeuvre heavy items of furniture with manual handling experience
- Understanding of EU Driving legislation and tachograph law
- Desirable experience of using a PDA
- Please note that for insurance purposes you should be aged 18 years or over.
- Employee discount scheme for Bensons products
- Medicash - cashback options for Health and wellbeing services (dental, optical, virtual GP, other healthcare services and more)
- Unum Income Protection - for peace of mind if you're off work long term due to illness
- Pension scheme - provided by Legal & General
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Annual leave buy & sell scheme - you can top up your holiday entitlement or sell unused days to suit you
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave with support up to 30 weeks
- Access to Retail Trust services (guidance and support on retail issues, mental health, wellbeing & financial topics)
- Learning and development programmes to gain new knowledge and skills
- Career progression - access to internal opportunities to build your career within Bensons for Beds
- Long service awards and 'Love to Shop' voucher rewards to spend as you like
( qualifying periods and terms apply)
If this sounds like you and you want to join a great team that are devoted to deliver great customer service, click apply and we'll call you back.