About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Delivery Hub Team, created to deliver fantastic service to our delivered customers.
You will support the Morning Delivery Manager to maintain a best-in-class Delivery Service from the Delivery Hub. You will run a department which is Safe, Secure and Legal at all times, maximising efficiency, and delivering accurately and on time to our customer.
- PDA compliance.
- Effective use of the systems available to you to run the department. Eg DAVIS, Lytx, R2C and Deskpro management. Training will be given.
- Monitoring pick activity and efficiency.
- Ensuring that diary tasks are completed and recorded as necessary.
- Accurate maintenance of the Driver Board.
- Ensuring that goods remain within the cold chain by conducting regular temperature checks.
- Key control.
- Vehicle downloads.
- Supporting new colleagues during their induction.
- Ensuring that all colleagues maintain a clean, tidy and safe environment in which to work.
- Leading by example, role modelling the Booker Code of Business Conduct and Win Together Behaviours.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships internally, and externally.
- Compliance with company policies and procedures and mandatory training
- Supporting a Health, Safe and Legal culture.
- Championing Diversity and Inclusion ensuring Everyone Is Welcome at Booker.
You will need
- Great attention to detail.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to manage a varied workload.
- The flexibility to step into other roles/shifts from time to time to support/cover.
Whats in it for you
At Booker, along with being a great place to work and giving you an opportunity to get on in your career, we also offer the following fantastic package of benefits:
- A Booker colleague card with 10% off purchases at Booker and double discount events up to three times a year.
- After 3 months service, a Tesco colleague discount card with 10% increasing to 15% off most purchases at Tesco for a 4 day period after every four-weekly pay day, ie. thirteen times a year. In addition to 10% off at Tesco Cafe and 20% off all F&F purchases.
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile for yourself, along with further great deals through-out the year.
- Up to 30% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. Terms and conditions apply.
- Free eye test when you spend £50 or more. You can also save 30% when you spend £50 or more on glasses, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy.
- Exclusive access to discounted RAC breakdown cover rates
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases including a cycle to work scheme.
- After 3 months service, you can join our annual Save As You Earn share scheme which allows you to buy Tesco shares in the future at a discount.
- Retirement savings plan (pension) - save up to 5% and Booker will match your contribution.
- Life Assurance - You are covered for death in service life cover of up to three times annual pay
- Health and Wellbeing support and resources including our 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family.
- A great holiday package
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you'll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco