SHEQ Manager - Scunthorpe - £50,000 - £60,000
Chase & Holland are partnering with a leading engineering business who are looking for an experienced SHEQ Manager (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) to support the business through substantial period of growth, which is set to continue. Reporting to the Country Manager, you will support the business by ensuring that the Company meets its statutory and contractual obligations in managing all SHEQ aspects across all areas of the business.Ensure the health, safety, quality and environmental practices are identified, documented and fully aligned to the key business drivers whilst ensuring these are understood and complied with throughout the organisation at site and group level.Package & Benefits:
Reporting into the Country Manager, the SHEQ Manager Responsibilities include:
- 29 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Up to 10% bonus based on personal and site performance
- Private healthcare for yourself and immediate family (after a year)
- Company pension scheme
- The chance for work for a continually growing company who has seen incredible growth in previous years
- Early finish on a Friday
Required Skills & Experience:
- Responsible for the administration of the Business Management System Manuals and Procedures, and the provision of internal audits against an appropriate audit program and to assist in continually improving the effectiveness.
- Responsible for recording and reporting accidents and investigations.
- Carrying out risk and COSHH assessments.
- Responsibility for Quality will include, overseeing incoming, in-process and final inspection of the products, the calibration system and provide liaison with outside inspectors/auditors as necessary.
- Responsible for Safety will include Safety Audits; local and group reporting; employment medicals for new starters; random and 'for cause' alcohol and drug assessments; appropriate safety awareness/training.
- Assist all departments with the control of the training of staff and operators.
- Assist the Commercial, Engineering and Operations teams in their dealings with customers in all issues concerned with Health and Safety and Quality at work.
- Provides technical support to Senior Management on any safety / quality related subjects.
- Preparation of Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental documentation for new tenders.
- Ensure legal compliance across all areas of the business.
- Minimum requirement of NEBOSH level 3 qualification.
- Auditing experience with ISO 45001/9001/18001
- Solid and relevant experience in a rail, manufacturing or construction environment
- Knowledge of H&S requirements of rail manufacturing equipment - Desirable
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral), proactive and "can do" approach
- Demonstrate flexibility and be a good team player.
If you are interested in finding out about this exciting SHEQ Manager
opportunity, please click 'apply now'.Chase & Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in finance, supply chain, HR, IT and office support recruitment and comfortably service Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire.