We are working with an NHS organisation who are seeking to appoint an Interim Associate Director of Corporate Affairs for a short term assignment of between 3 and 6 months. The organisation are looking for someone who can start ASAP and will be at Band 9+.
The post will lead the Corporate Governance function for the organisation and some hybrid working is available.Key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Providing expertise and technical support to the organisation s Chief Executive, Chair and other Board members;
- Working within the governance framework and constitution, as well as the effective running of the Board, committees, executive management group and wider infrastructure;
- Develop and implement effective place-based governance arrangements;
- Developing and implementing an effective risk framework and Board Assurance Framework for the organisation;
- Ensure the Board discharges its responsibilities by complying with relevant legislation and NHS processes by advising the CEO and Board members appropriately;
- Provide highly complex specialist advice to the organisation in all aspects of the governance agenda to ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory frameworks, fully articulate and provide assurance;
- Provide advice to the Board on upholding legal requirements of the constitution and the NHS Act;
- With the Chair, ensure that the Board and its Committees are properly constituted, operated and supported according to Standing Orders and the regulatory framework;
- Provide authoritative advice to the Chair, Chief Executive, executive directors and non-
- executive directors on legal, constitutional matters, correct and proper conduct of business and meetings.
- Company secretarial training and qualification and/or qualified legal
- practitioner (Solicitor/Barrister) or equivalent experience;
- Chartered Secretary or Chartered Governance Professional or equivalent experience;
- Understands the principles of Corporate Governance
- Regulated industry or public sector experience;
- Previous experience working in a company secretariat or in a senior governance role either in public or private sector;
- Well-developed influencing and persuading skills;
- Able to assess risk and assign strategic priorities.
If you are interested in the role, please email Toni Coates with a copy of your updated CV to along with your availability and rate understanding in line with the above.
If you do not receive a response within 72 hours (3 working days) of receipt, please assume that on this particular occasion, your application did not meet the client s requirements for this specific role.