First Achieve Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer, in the Norwich region. You will be working with a contractor in Energy Engineering, who specialise in offering solutions to the oil and gas, marine, and offshore industries.
This is a Permanent Position, reporting to Management. Providing drive and energy for the completion of all allocated projects.
The salary on offer is in the region of £55k.
- Act as the "go to person" for complex and valuable projects, providing expertise and guidance to internal and external stakeholders, specifically by liaising with the Client, nominated 3rd Party bodies and all internal departments, dealing with both the commercial and technical aspects of the project delivery.
- Ownership of project from project handover until completion, recording and resolving actions via the action tracker.
- Undertake tasks as required as part of the Duty Manager rota, and provide holiday cover at management level for the existing Project Managers.
- To act as the project focal point and to identify risk such as commercial, contractual, design, schedule and make assessment of such risk and minimise its impact on the business, highlighting such issues to senior staff.
- Support Sales in the preparation of bids and quotations ensuring technical, operational and commercial aspects are addressed.
- Define, manage and drive the project delivery schedule, identifying critical path items and capturing all QA/QC elements.
- Act as a mentor to graduates and / or project engineers within the team, developing their skills and competence to higher levels.
- Ensure financial management systems are current and reflect actual progress and forecast costs at an individual project level.
- Prepare project user requirements, documentation and manuals by engaging with customers, and taking sales (purchase orders) to a finale against an agreed specification.
- Ownership of ordering material / services in good time to meet project requirements and to raise material enquiries and purchase requisitions.
- Ensure all of the the project "gates" to have been followed, project controls met and deliverables fit for purpose.
- Lead "Project Kick Off" meetings with the design team and instigate or actively participate in Design reviews.
- Own and present to Directors reviews on Project Progress.
- Instigate HAZID and HAZOP meetings (as necessary).
- As necessary undertake the role of line manager to project engineers / and or manage project engineers who have responsibilities linking to the senior project engineers own projects.
- City & Guilds /NVQ qualification in a relevant Engineering / Mechanical / Electrical discipline OR HND/HNC in Engineering.
- 5 years + experience of relevant / or similar role with proven success, including testing, load out, operations and service quality.
- Experience of undertaking / and or acting as a team leader
- Experience of successful client facing interactions
- Experience in financial forecasting in a project environment
- Holding and leading meetings
- Operating in an off shore environment