MS395 - Security Supervisor
Salary: £11.65 per hour
Overview: First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Security Supervisor on behalf of a Client. This is a key role working as part of our professional Security team taking responsibility for delivering proactive and effective prevention activities and emergency response in order to maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, visitors and contractors.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Working Hours: 4 on, 4 off shift pattern (Nights), average 42 hours per week, permanent contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise security routine shift tasks and operate all security services in accordance with the Security Assignment Instructions.
- Supervise and oversee the shift handover/takeover ensuring that any important messages are conveyed in the Security Handover and that all security personnel read and acknowledge them.
- Attend and pro-actively deal with any security-related incidents, as directed by the Senior Security Supervisor and Security Manager.
- Advising, training and guiding new starters.
- Organising the work schedules, guards rotations and breaks.
- Inspecting the team to make sure company requirements are being met.
- Be the first point of contact for the Security team and deal with day-to-day matters such as standards of dress, discipline, and conduct are met and adhered to.
- Assist in review of Security Officers performance and development.
- Provide customer / client liaison as and when required.
- Ensuring security records and logs are being kept up to date and are accurate.
- Maintain the highest level of security at delivering proactive and effective prevention activities and emergency response
- Conduct effective security tasks including surveillance, Internal and External foot patrols during the day and night, operating X-Ray scanning duties, key control, CCTV Monitoring and providing a high level of customer service.
- Support the Senior Management team ensuring that regular reviews of security vulnerabilities are identified and highlighted, addressed or suitably mitigated.
- Demonstrate a high level of competency in the use of all security systems to maximise their operational benefit.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A valid SIA Licence is essential for this position.
- Experience in a similar role desirable.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Full 5 year employment checkable history.
- Flexibility to meet the job requirements.
- Valid frontline SIA License DS or SG.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Smart appearance and be well-groomed.