S&P Global Commodity Insights The Role:
Downstream Research Analyst The Team:
Within the Fuels and Refining division, w e provide insight on the industry and market fundamentals of refining crude oil and marketing refined products - including supply/demand balances, trade, prices, capacities and infrastructure. We forecast product balances and benchmark refining margins, details for national markets around the world as well as guidance on what is an anomaly, and what is a fundamental shift in the market.
This downstream research team consists of a group of analysts covering Europe, CIS, Africa, and the Middle East, and working with global teams across S&P Global Commodity Insights. The Impact:
S&P Global Commodity Insights provides data, strategic research and analysis across the oil, midstream, downstream and chemical markets so our clients can make critical decisions with confidence. Energy, chemical players and financial institutions rely on us to better understand market, company and economic behaviour to adjust their business strategy. Our data and research ranges from near/long term outlooks, competitive benchmark, market analysis and technology assessments. What's in it for you:
This role will have a focus on short-term price forecasting of oil products and offers opportunities to develop deep a knowledge of the downstream energy sector, to work across teams and to build capacity in client-facing work via market briefing opportunities and support of the commercial team. The team is very international and diverse, and the role involves working with colleagues all over the world. Good g rowth opportunities are available, both vertically into leadership roles, and horizontally, as S&P Global brings together the deepest intelligence across the widest set of capital-intensive industries and markets. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Being a key member of the short-term pricing team, representing Europe within a global structure.
- Maintaining and updating pricing models, developing and improving forecasting methodologies
- Maintenance of oil-related data and information, proactively search for new data and information sources.
- Proactively staying ahead of data trends and better ways of presenting and analysing data.
- Interpreting technical information and share insights and understanding.
- Supporting subscription and consulting activities by producing deadline-driven, quick-turnaround analysis and research on the downstream markets in EMEA and on the companies operating within them.
- Opportunities to develop our body of knowledge on different themes such as biofuels, EU environmental policy relating to the downstream oil industry, carbon policies of oil companies, etc.
- Strong and demonstrable numeracy and quantitative analysis skills
- Excellent Excel skills and proficiency with other MS applications required (Word and Powerpoint)
- Modelling experience
- Mother-tongue level of English, good written and verbal presentation skills
- Proficiency in European languages a major plus
- The ability to work to deadlines and prioritize a complex workload
- Some knowledge of the energy industry, in particular oil products
- Strong analytical and quality control skills
- Precision and obsession with detail
- Authorisation to work in application location necessary
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. Grade/Level
( relevant for internal applicants only ): Associate 9. The Location:
Paris, France or London UK. About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster " describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
291727 Posted On: