We own and manage c.7,000 homes in the East of England, working closely with other agencies and stakeholders within our communities.
It's a really exciting time to join us. We've recently launched our new corporate plan which sets out what we want to achieve over the next 5 years, with new strategies to support our ambitions. These build on the good foundations we have in place in being a customer-centric organisation, investing in our existing homes - including our zero-carbon journey - as well as building new homes.
We've also concluded a review of how we work in future, with options around home and office flexible working, as well as a generous annual leave allowance and other benefits.
This role is critical to maintaining safe and attractive places to live at Havebury. As a part-time Estate Ranger you will work in partnership with teams across the business, contractors and community representatives to deliver a high level of service to the communities we serve. You will play a vital role in risk identification, management and mitigation - a close attention to detail, high level of integrity and the ability to problem solve is essential. You will work in an agile fashion and will be equipped with technology to enable you to complete tasks and undertake proactive work on-the-go.
- Adopting an agile approach; ensure communal areas on estates are kept to a high standard of repair and cleanliness by inspecting communal parts, reporting repairs, raising issues to contractors & management companies and taking appropriate action on tenancy breaches.
- Work alongside the Tenancy and Estates Officers and Coordinators in responding to issues reported by residents quickly and efficiently, with a focus on 'right first time'. Positively act on tenant feedback complaints and queries, calls for assistance from colleagues and Coordinators.
- Carry out periodic fire risk assessments, H&S building inspections and testing of fire safety management systems in residential blocks to maintain compliance. Conduct ad-hoc and scheduled inspections of Havebury property and land, monitor and implement the actions arising from the assessments.
- Update progress on jobs, record inspections and update scheduling systems during the course of the day, utilising mobile technology. Administer follow-on jobs and reassigning jobs on the scheduling system where necessary.
- Assist with the management of void properties (including garages). Attend garage and house evictions, coordinate storage and collection of evicted tenants' belongings. Carry out insurance liability inspections, report repairs arising from this and monitor.
- Report all safeguarding concerns in line with Havebury policy and procedures.
- Comfortable in having face-to-face conversations with contractors and tenants
- Driving Licence
- Confident and competent with various IT equipment and systems.
- Excellent communication skills. A willingness to ask questions and seek assistance where necessary
- An understanding of how a customer's experience of all aspects of the housing and estate services informs their overall view of the landlord
- Knowledge of working in partnership with external agencies such as Local Authorities, the Police and Social Services etc.
- An annual salary of £24,447.05 pro-rata (flexible part-time hours)
- Company Van for business use.
- We are committed to providing a healthy work-life balance for employees and their families, as such we operate full hybrid working conditions from home and our office in Bury St Edmunds
- Flexible working around a 37 hour week
- Annual Leave - 28 days per year, (plus bank holidays) increasing to 32 days when you reach your 3rd year with us. To give greater flexibility around your holidays you can also buy, sell or carry over up to 5 days of annual leave each year
- Pension - between 5% - 10% dependant on individual contribution
- Life assurance - a payment of X3 your salary.
- Annual Flu Jab - provided each winter to all employees
- Competitive medical cashback plan
"At Havebury we operate a no closing date policy and evaluate candidates upon application. Therefore, please apply without delay."
Please ensure you fully answer the questions on the application form.
Due to the nature of the role involving work with vulnerable members of society, this post is subject to a Basic Criminal Disclosure, which will be carried out when a conditional offer is made.