Category: I.T. & Communications
Job Title: Associate Director for Digital Innovations
Type of Business: Public Sector
Hourly Rate: .70
Start Date: ASAP
Length of Contract: Until 28/2/24
GI Group are now seeking to appoint an Associate Director of Digital Innovations. The Associate Director of Digital Innovations will deliver a digital strategy that allows staff to deliver digital capability which will support people to stay independent, out of hospital and better able to coproduce their care. They will take accountability for for leading the planning and developing the strategic and operational plans for Information Management and Technology investment and oversee the digital transformation.
Main Duties of the Associate Director of Digital Innovations:
- Working with IT leads from across the system you will define the strategic vision for an IM&T & Digital innovation programmes across the organisation in line with the overarching alliance work plan.
- Effective development of digital approaches for all components covering IM&T and digital work plan and to mainstream all components into business as usual.
- Accountable for the delivery of, robust, information systems to ensure that all project documentation is stored and used effectively (PID, dashboards, highlight reports, risk and issues logs etc).
- Interrogate and analyse, sometimes highly complex and contentious, information to support the delivery of clear project reporting and project outcomes.
- Develop key performance indicators and milestones for specific programmes and projects, managing conflicts and ensuring that interdependencies are managed effectively.
- Communicate, engage and build relationships with key strategic policy makers to influence the development of strategy and policies across the organisation and the wider health and social care system.
- Creating an environment which enables delivery at pace, removing blockers and challenging "the norm" to improve
- Be responsible for setting up, managing and delivering the IM&T and digital programme(s) through its entire life cycle, including the delivery, implementation and embedding of new capabilities and realisation of programme benefits.
- Educated to degree level in an IT-related subject or equivalent qualifications/experience.
- Extensive knowledge of specialist ICT project areas, acquired through training and relevant experience
- ITIL Foundation Certificate or higher
- Exposure to working in an ITIL aligned ICT environment
- CompTIA A+ Certification or higher / equivalent
- MCITP Microsoft Certification or higher / equivalent
- PRINCE II Foundation Level Certification (or Higher)
- Experience of Project Management within healthcare services
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in an IT Service Management role.
- Minimum 3 years' experience working in an IT technical function managing a technical IT and support function consisting of 5 or more staff
- Experience of day-to-day management and motivation of a team/department and reviewing performance of staff, including recruitment, conducting appraisals, career development, training, inductions, disciplinary and grievances
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills for delivering key messages to a range of stakeholders both internal and external (including outside the NHS) to the organisation, some at very senior level
- Experience of planning, developing and evaluating methods and processes for gathering, analysing, interpreting and presenting data and information
- Experience of leading and undertaking system and interface testing; regularly testing and adapting new systems and equipment
Hiring Contact: Laura Vieira
Agency: GI Group
If you would like any further information about any vacancies before applying, please feel free to contact