Job Title: Global Head of Audience
The role of Global Head of Audience is part of the Global Strategy & Product team, working to develop market leading provocations and processes to help our clients to grow. This role will focus on building a global approach to the ways that generate platform and partner insights around growth audiences and how we plan and execute them .
The three best things about the role
- I'm working to develop a crucial new skill , capability and way of working inside Wavemaker
- As a member of the global strategy and product leadership team I am empowered to develop the right products , services and stories to deliver growth .
- I 'm closely connected to leading experts across the whole WM network and into GroupM's Nexus and Choreograph specialist communities
About the r ole
We are seeking a Global Head of Audience to work with the strategy, product and activation communities inside the our Worldwide team and across the network
The role is three-fold:
- Develop our audience strategy, helping us use live data sources to generate better views of the growth opportunity, find provocative insights and connect our planners with our activation platforms.
- Work with clients and client leadership teams to build bespoke and valuable methodologies to put platform and live audiences to work in their marketing plans.
- Work with local markets and activation platform experts to build confidence and skills in designing, exploiting and using 1/2/3PD segmentations and audiences.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and communicating our approach to platform-based audience planning.
- Owning the approaches and partners we should be prioritising.
- Integrating and operationalising the approach through the Provocative Planning framework , to ensure that audience science insight is informing all parts of the client media strategy.
- Educating and evangelising around skills and approach to audience planning, internally and externally
- Making audience planning real and valuable for our clients
- Working with our Global Client Leaders , Data Insights team and Strategists to ensure that audiences play their full role in the insights and provocations we provide .
- Leading in this area in key pitches .
- Proving the efficacy and value of an audience led approach to planning.
- Work with client in-house Audience Science teams to develop media addressable audience i nsights from existing client segmentations / audience profiles.
- Integrating and partnering to simplify and make real this approach.
- Working with Nexus, Choreograph and the platform owners to establish a clear process.
- Innovate with these and other partners to build Wavemaker-First access to and use of the audience data they offer
- Working with Wavemaker product/OS team to build new tools and systems that extract and scale the value that we want to extract from audience data
What you'll need
The ideal candidate will have great technical and data skills but also be user friendly, creative and enthusiastic about internal and external collaboration
- A genuine team player and supportive partner .
- High standards of commitment and delivery .
- Superb understanding of the 1/2/3PD ways in which audiences and segments can be created and activated.
- A willingness to learn, champion and develop the tools and processes that create the distinctive Wavemaker, GroupM and WPP difference evident for clients.
- Confident and persuasive presentation skills
- Tenacity in seeing complex projects and negotiations through to their successful conclusion
- Energy, passion and curiosity around marketing technology, data and the changing media world
- A global mindset , we work in service of our markets and our clients
- Ability to deliver on the Wavemaker promise of P ositive P rovocatio n
We believe there always is a better way to grow. We positively provoke growth for our clients by reshaping consumer decision-making and experiences through media, content and technology. The Wavemaker way is globally consistent. Fuelled by the world's most powerful consumer data, we understand where and how marketing can intervene decisively to help brands win more sales.
Our name is our mission and our method. To make waves, you need to be provocative, even fearless. We do our best work for brave brands and people who want to be challenged to go further and faster. We know it's not easy, but if it's in you, we will get it out of you.
With over 7,600 people across 90 markets, we provoke growth for some of the world's leading brands and businesses. Our attitude of Positive Provocation is enabled by:
- deep knowledge we have of our clients' business
- confidence to challenge what's gone before
- the support to go further than we thought possible
We are a part of GroupM, WPP's global media investment management company. Discover more on , Twitter and LinkedIn
We are an equal opportunities employer
All GroupM agencies are equal opportunities employers and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender identity, disability, culture/religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
We support the life choices of our employees, offering generous family and carer friendly policies.