Regional Health and Safety Maintenance Officer - Care Homes.
Circa 30-37k plus milage.
Harbour Healthcare are recruiting for a Regional Health and Safety Maintenance Officer to join the People Team. Harbour Healthcare is a family-run concern, although one with very considerable experience and expertise in the care industry.
Who are Harbour Healthcare?
We are a Family run business with 20 Care Homes across the UK and are growing year by year.
Inclusion is how we unleash the power of diversity. We strive to foster belonging and empowerment at work. Harbour Healthcare listen and engage with our diverse communities, and we value teamwork within our diverse workplace.
Having family traditions at heart, our philosophyis actually quite simple. We strive to provide an excellent standard of care to our residents, treating them with complete dignity and respect.
What are the Tangible benefits for working for Harbour?
- A duvet day on your birthday!
- Perkbox Account with discounts on Shopping, Fashion, Days out, Travel, Entertainment and lots more!
- Wellness and Employee Assistance programs
- Staff recognition award ceremonies
- Employee of the month schemes
- Opportunities for training and career progression
- Company pension scheme
- Seasonal Company events, competitions and incentives
- Employee referral scheme
- On-site parking
Summary of Role
- To contribute to and lead the implementation of an estate's strategy for Harbour Healthcare. Working in partnership with the Property Director, Regional Maintenance, Maintenance Officers, Senior leadership team, and Home Managers to manage all aspects of Harbour properties including upkeep, care, maintenance, security, health and safety and facilities management in line with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- To manage refurbishment and other building advancements in terms of developing, procuring, and implementing building projects within the Homes. Coaching, mentoring and supporting staff members to identify their individual strengths and development needs, while championing an open, embracing culture of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) throughout the organisation.
- Designs and develops HR training programs for management and employees to Identify and incorporate best practice and lessons learned into program plan.
- Consults with management on performance, organisational and leadership matters. Conducts needs assessments to determine measures required to enhance employee job performance and overall company performance.
- Contributing to the preparation of a strategic Company-wide estates plan and individual estate development plans for each home; to lead the implementation of these plans within the Homes to deliver the objectives for each individual Home and the Company as a whole.
- Developing and implementing building projects. Acting as project manager for authorised schemes, paying particular attention to regulatory requirements, quality, compliance with agreed specifications, timescales, safety, and ensuring that value for money can be evidenced in all awarded contracts.
- Effective liaison with Homes with Home Maintenance, and Contractors involved in major projects and ensuring that procedures are effective at home level in terms of Maintenance staff/contractor liaison.
- Completion of annual maintenance inspections and condition surveys for each Home.
- Using the maintenance inspections and condition surveys, working with the Director of Property to develop and implement a planned maintenance programme for each home's estate and assets.
- Ensuring that Homes are properly cleaned and that grounds are properly maintained, using internal staff and external contractors as appropriate.
High Performing Teams:
- Lead by example and be instrumental in creating excellent working relationships ensuring that Harbour Healthcare values are delivered in a professional manner and are always maintained, with members of the team, company, and clients.
- Attend regular team meetings with various stakeholders to improve communication.
- Support a robust program of up-skilling teams where gaps are identified.
- Ensure that managers are developing their teams to deliver safe care and support the Regional Teams accordingly.
- Work closely with support office departments to ensure that employee journey is always delivered in a timely manner.
- Consistently champion and drive Harbour Healthcare being the employer of choice.
- Support the HR team to ensure they lead and resolve concerns and complaints in a timely manner and to identify early potential loss or delivery of poor service provision.
- Work with the Senior Regional Team on continual improvement of quality systems and processes to develop a better service.
- To provide expert advice and support, through the proactive management of risk and to support and direct colleagues in the same manner
- Ensure all Health and Safety related policies, procedures and documentation are implemented effectively across Harbour Healthcare
- Maintain up to date knowledge of regulatory requirements under Health & Safety and developments in industry best practice and ensure this is implemented across Harbour Healthcare
Harbour Healthcare have won many accolades and awards over the years from carehome.co.uk Top 20 Awards, now for the 5th year running as well as Disability Confident Committed.
Please note that all our positions require an Enhanced DBS check in relation to Children and Adults.
Interested? - Go on and click that apply button now!