Senior Project Manager (Construction) - Full Time - Permanent
An exciting opportunity to work in the Central Government and Defence business unit of our clients division as a Senior Project Manager for Northern Ireland on the Scotland and Northern Ireland defence contract. The role of the Senior Project Manager will be to grow and support all aspects of billable works across the Northern Ireland Area ensuring the successful and safe delivery of projects to programme, budget and the required quality standard.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for delivering the project process and managing a Project Management resource in the Northern Ireland area. The position will have overall operational and management responsibility for developing and delivering projects in Northern Ireland in line with both DIO and our clients' project governance.
The Senior Project Manager will report into the FDIS Head of Billable works and be responsible for driving outputs whilst supporting the FDIS management team. They will oversee the activities of members of the Northern Ireland billable works team from inception through to completion of a project programme including the asset function and the Forward Additional Services Plan (FASP). They will also oversee the appointment of all consultants and contractors to ensure contracts and agreements are executed and implemented in accordance with governance requirements.
Day to day collaboration with the DIO Project Managers and associated DIO personnel will be required along with all members of the staff across all stakeholders to ensure the organisation is able to achieve its objectives in the most cost and resource efficient way. The position will be based in Thiepval Barracks, Lisburn overseeing projects being delivered across the Northern Ireland S&NI region. The role will require travel across the Northern Ireland contract area. The successful candidate will also need to undertake security clearance checks.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsibility for delivery of all billable works across the Northern Ireland contract area up to the value of £5m on individual projects
- Ensuring projects are delivered in compliance with the contract (NEC3 and 4) and corporate governance arrangements.
- Ensure compliance to all DIO and our clients' Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, Environmental policies and Statutory requirements.
- Liaise with the Billable Works Programme Office (BWPMO) to ensure effective planning, co-ordination and timely completion of works within the Northern Ireland region whilst engaging with Area managers, Establishment managers and our clients' Supply Chain.
- Ensure Compliance with CDM regulations, Planning Regulations and Building Control.
- Manage and maintain the Billable Works supply chain within Northern Ireland to best meet the billable works requirement ensuring all procurement of services via the supply chain is carried out in accordance with the contract requirements and the agreed procurement strategy.
- To provide operational input to the cost and value reconciliation process to ensure that business performance is properly reported on a regular basis to meet the FDIS reporting requirements.
- Implement and communicate the company Vision, Mission and Values.
- Work with the Head of Billable works to develop, implement and communicate robust management systems and processes throughout the contract area.
- To promptly manage to its conclusion any escalated matters or complaints received from the employer or end user relating to Billable works Delivery in Northern Ireland
- Ensure Operational staffing levels are met within Northern Ireland, including future needs and surge contingency.
- Management of direct reports, including recruitment, selection and development of staff.
- Ensure Operational personnel are trained and developed to be competent for the tasks they are required to carry out.
- Provide Operational support to ensure that risks to the business are properly reviewed and appropriately controlled.
- Responsible for ensuring and monitoring the quality of data held within their delivery function in accordance with the Employers and our client's data standards.
- Oversee the Management of project delivery to the agreed level of quality, programme and budget.
- Ensure that accurate project information is held on the agreed technology platforms and is updated in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Programme Manager to ensure a coordinated approach to the development and delivery of projects.
- Develop positive, supportive working relationships with your team and other colleagues ensuring collaboration.
- Develop relationships with key customers to promote confidence in delivery and increase project opportunities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Preferably Degree qualified in a Construction Discipline (although not essential).
- Membership of a construction related institute eg RICS/CIOB/RIBA/CIBSE/MIET or APM Membership preferable.
- Construction safety qualification (IOSH, NEBOSH or CITB).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior related role.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of project delivery within the public sector with demonstrable experience in leading and managing complex fast track project programmes.
- Commercially strong and financially focused.
- Fully conversant with all applicable legislation, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge and implementation of Professional Services and Construction contracts.
- Have the ability to plan projects using at least 1 industry standard programming package.
- Competent in the use of MS Office suite of applications.
- Experience in the use of CAFM systems (desirable).
- Experience of working within the construction industry (essential).
- Experience in change management.
- Management experience in the appointment of consultants, sub-contractors and supply chain.
- Collation of service data, detailed reporting and performance analysis.
- Proven track record in successful people management.
- Must be able to deliver the above at pace, working to multiple deadlines and also deliver works accurately.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients.
- Understanding and application of BIM to level 2 and the application of Government Soft Landings (GSL)
- Innovation and application of Net Zero Carbon Initiatives.
- Understanding of sustainability appraisals and subsequent DREAM and CEEQUAL process.