Social Value Manager
25,000 - 35,000 (Dependent on experience)
I am recruiting a Social Value Manager for a successful business based in North Wales. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly self-motivated and passionate individual, who is committed to making a difference to local communities, to join a busy and friendly team. The Social Value Manager will be responsible for working on several projects to support social value commitments, from initial tender and planning stage, through to project completion. The successful candidate will be based in Mold, but will be required to travel to various sites across Wales.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Leading and delivering project activities related to Social Value on a range of exciting projects.
- Liaising closely with our clients and internal stakeholders to deliver an engaging and meaningful programme of social value initiatives that will include, but is not limited to, increasing local employment opportunities, developing skills, educational programmes and local community engagement projects.
- Supporting site teams and our supply chain to capture and report Social Value outcomes.
- Organising and supporting work experience placements with the site teams and members of our supply chain.
- Delivering social value presentations, attending careers events and representing the business as required.
- Monitoring, collating and reporting Social Value performance data progress against KPI targets through means of social value portals/databases.
- Capturing Social Value best practice and creating project case studies for tenders and publicity.
- Co-ordinating Meet the Buyer/Job Fairs and supporting other company-wide supply chain events.
- Organising and attending school and local community visits to our sites (organising site photography for events as required).
Attributes for the Role:
- A proven track record of coordinating and supporting social values programmes and activities, ideally with experience within the construction industry.
- A self-starter, used to managing a diverse and varied workload, a good communicator and excellent ambassador, who can identify and develop key relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently with excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with social value calculator systems within the construction sector. Also experience with evidencing impact delivered to local communities (desirable).
- Strong IT skills.
- Welsh speaker (desirable).
Experience & Skills
The ideal candidate will have a construction or built environment, or business-related degree but we welcome applications from anyone with transferable skills from other courses or industries. Graduates with excellent presentation and communications skills, as well as strong data analysis and report writing skills would be well suited to this role.
The postholder must hold a full driving licence.
Competitive salary and benefits package including:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Travel allowance
- Pension auto enrolement
- Free Parking