Your Job Title may differ from the Role Profile description (above) and is stated in your contract of employment.
A key liaison between the client and the insurer, they will ensure that claims are administered in line with the expected standards, regulatory requirements and that an excellent service level is maintained.
- Works with senior members of the team to agree key priorities so that they can manage and plan their workload, ensuring that personal and team objectives are achieved. As he job holder develops in experience, they will gradually develop responsibility for managing their own workload independently
- Manages assigned projects and contribute to other projects as required
- Provides relevant management information to senior management
- Develops strong relationships with markets
- Negotiate with markets to achieve the best outcome for the client
- Maintains any ongoing delegated authority contracts appropriately and cost effectively
- Create comprehensive claims documents:
- Presents claims to underwriters, dealing with queries, providing feedback and responding appropriately to clients, insurers and relevant internal departments.
- Reviews and prepares correspondence regarding notifications and claims to ensure that products and cover best meet the client's risk requirements, business objectives and compliance requirements.
- Keeps clients and insurers informed of developments relating to notifications and claims, liaising with third parties as necessary.
- Investigates and resolves queries from clients etc, following these through to resolution and keeping all parties informed throughout the process.
- Ensure up to date records are maintained at all times on the Group systems
- Interprets instructions and issues arising, and then implement actions according to policies and procedures
- Keep informed of all legal and regulatory developments relevant to the division/department
Policy, Process and Procedures:
- Works within agreed parameters and uses relevant systems to ensure documentation/communications adhere to company procedure and compliance requirements.
- Undertakes prompt and accurate processing of collections, fee payments and other relevant data and information on company systems in order to support high levels of client service and enable completion of internal processes
- Shared Services or Bedford Processing: to interface with in accordance with procedures given by Claims Management team, record / raise issues centrally as required
Environment, Customer Focus and Relationships:
- Develop strong relationships with clients and key stakeholders within the Business Unit(s) the job holder supports
- Deal with incoming enquiries from clients, insurers and third parties, developing appropriate external relationships to ensure positive results for clients and the business
- Deal with client claims and settlements
- Introduce clients to other team members and help maintain these relationships
- Behave with all clients (both internal and external) fairly and ethically
- Attend client meetings if required
- Attend clients / insurers premises as necessary
- Shares information that could be beneficial to the Operating Entity/Group
People Management/Personal Development:
- As a more experienced member of the team, will assist less able team members with their personal development, where required
- Actively undertakes personal development to ensure up to date knowledge and understanding of best practice
- Remains aware of external, industry, legal and regulatory developments etc to ensure practice and outputs are of a sufficiently high standard
- Keeps informed of all legal and regulatory developments relevant to the Operating Entity/Group
Regulatory and Compliance:
The Board of each Operating Entity requires the highest standards of corporate governance, operational excellence and financial reporting throughout the Group from all its employees. Specific responsibilities are listed below. Reference to team (below) is only applicable where the job holder has direct line management responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance of self and team (as appropriate if the job holder has line management responsibilities) with all applicable legal, fiscal and regulatory obligations in the form of policies and procedures
- Ensures correct authorisation is obtained and processes followed when required by the Operating Entity and/or Group
- Ensures performance, HR and T&C records are up to date and meet the Operating Entity and/or Group's requirements (which will include those of direct reports if the job holder has line management responsibilities)
- Maintains accurate records and deal with correspondence appropriately
- Operates in an honest, professional and ethical manner
- Strictly adheres to the Group Employee Code of Conduct which strongly aligns to the FCA's code of conduct that all regulated entities must adhere to
- Completes all relevant regulatory training
- Ensures remain competent to carry out role (this will include team members where job holder has direct reports)
- Team player.
- Good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Good level of communication and interpersonal skills including, written, verbal and face to face
- Highly organised, with good planning skills.
- Able to work to flexibly to achieve tight deadlines/targets
- Able to build sustainable relationships
- Able to be proactive and work on own initiative
- Resilient and calm under pressure.
- Commercial acumen.
- Good decision-making skills/analytical.
- Able to react to change positively and productively.
- Educated to A level standard - Grade A-C (or equivalent)
- Progression towards gaining professional qualifications is desired but not essential