Would you like to join a business recognised as one of the 'Best Big Companies to Work For'?
J Murphy and Sons Ltd are looking for a Site Manager to provide site based leadership for all construction and installation operations to work on the CP6 CAM Framework (Rail).
We're looking for a Site Manager who is enthusiastic, driven, a good communicator in addition to being a strong leader/motivator that is able to manage various projects to ensure continuity of the works programme and your delivery team.
J. Murphy & Sons are keen to hear from you regarding opportunities on the Civil Asset Management Framework. A fast paced framework delivering maintenance style works for Network Rail including 24 hour a day emergency response provision.
Come and check out our online recruitment event, Murphy Live 27 September from 18.00 to 19.00 to hear what it's like to work for one of the UK's Best Big Companies to work for. Click to register Online Event ()
What you will be doing:
- You will plan and deliver all for sites, ensuring work is completed on time and to the agreed standard
- You will help produce Construction Phase Plans (H&S Plans), Risk Assessments, Work Package Plans and Task Briefings in line with Network Rail and Murphy procedures
- You will ensure short and medium contract programmes are planned, reviewed and delivered.
- You will monitor progress periodically against the project plan and monitor expenditure, resolving issues but may escalate critical operational issues to the Project
- You will line management of Section Managers and other workflow supervisors.
- You will provide periodic updates to clients on project/contract progress, typically operational in nature.
- You will ensure risk assessments are created, in place and reviewed as and when required.
- You will review plant, labour and materials to ensure resources are in place for the short to medium term (1-3 months).
- You will liaise with the Project Manager to resolve any technical issues outside of the scope of works.
- You will review, maintain, update and amended safe systems of work to ensure the work was carried out safe and without risk to health, and that the changes where recorded in Project Construction Phase Plans (H&S Plans).
Who we are looking for:
- HNC Building Studies or a degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management.
- Knowledge sufficient to attain Chartered level of ICE.
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course
- Extensive background in site/contract management delivering earthworks, rail and infrastructure contracts
- Solid health and safety knowledge and will hold a health and safety related qualification.
- CSCS Card
- First aid qualification is desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills with previous line management experience necessary.
- Charity is at the heart of Murphy values; you will receive 2 days leave per year to donate your time to a charity of your choosing. Many teams choose to support a charity together to positively impact our communities.
- Access to Murphy Wellbeing: you will have access to a host of online tools, mental health trained colleagues, and if needs be external professional support because we understand that work and life offers challenges that sometimes need a little extra support.
- Murphy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture, making Murphy a great place to work where we can all thrive. You can get involved in numerous events and even join our committee dedicated to continuously nurturing Murphy's inclusive culture.
What you'll get in return
- Dedicated and continued investment in your professional development.
- 27 days holiday, plus bank holidays with the option to buy an additional 2 days holiday each year, holidays increase with length of service
- Discretionary annual bonus and annual salary review
- Above market rate contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance, health screening and enhanced sick pay
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay and a maternity returners bonus
- Extra weeks holiday for all employees getting married and a wedding bonus
- Subsidised canteen facilities in core locations
- Other Murphy benefits include retail discounts and cashback, discounted gym memberships, cycle to work scheme etc
Due to the requirements of the role, in addition to our standard identity and right to work checks, successful candidates will be asked to undertake a basic Disclosure and Barring Service check.
As part of our commitment to being an inclusive employer we are proud to have signed up to and reduce barriers to employment for people with criminal records.
If you think Murphy is the place to help you thrive in a great team dedicated to delivery and engineering excellence and want to work in an inclusive team culture that rewards performance and drives personal development, apply today.