Role - Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor (M&E)
Location - London/Cambridge/Tunbridge Wells
Salary - £60,000 = £75,000
We are currently working with an award wining multi-disciplinary consultancy who have a large number of both residential and commercial office new build, fit out and refurbishment schemes in London & the Southeast, along with a number of complex mixed use projects with some of these sector's leading developers.
Due to the growth and opportunities that exist in London & the Southeast, we are currently looking to recruit an MEP Cost Manager from a Quantity Surveying background with significant experience in Mechanical and Electrical systems across a range of sectors to support our M&E cost management team.Requirements:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying ideally Chartered (MRICS/CIBSE or equivalent) or 'learnt by experience'.
- In depth knowledge and experience of Mechanical and Electrical systems across sectors.
- Data centres experience an advantage but not essential.
- Demonstrable track record in the successful delivery of pre and post contract MEP cost management services.
- Ability to advise clients on key MEP cost drivers, project costs and value engineering.
- Feasibility and cost planning, procurement advice, tender documentation, and post contract services.
- Effective and efficient knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical component parts of a project and overall construction costs.
- Experienced in client, consultant & contractor facing roles and working as a member of a busy team. Used to working to tight and ever-changing deadlines.
- Numerically accurate.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Outgoing, flexible, enthusiastic, and ambitious.
- Full quantity surveying and cost management duties.
- Provision of pre contract feasibility and viability advice.
- To ensure the highest quality service delivery to clients.
- To provide high quality MEP cost advice on complex projects across a range of sectors.
- Guidance, care and mentoring of supporting staff.