Category: I.T. & Communications
Digital Field Technician
Field of Work: Breeding stations
Location: Thriplow, East of England, GB
Legal Entity: KWS UK Ltd. (0097)
Contract Type: Regular
Is Full Time?: Yes
Onsite/ Remote: Onsite
Job ID: 12804
Interested in agriculture and digital solutions? Then join us as Digital Field Technician at KWS UK Ltd.
In this position you will join our breeding station team in a hands-on position working on digital solutions and across crops for the successful development of new varieties. We offer the chance to work with highly motivated and qualified colleagues in a learning environment. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Thriplow near Cambridge.
What you can expect in this role:
- You are a major part of development and implementation of digital solutions and services, such as digital phenotyping across the UK breeding station.
- You are able and willing to carry out fieldwork such as running and organising a harvest team over the summer, supporting an existing team in their activities, or working alone on or off a machine.
- You work indoors on various activities such as seed processing, computer work, machinery.
- You are part of a successful team working on producing high quality results and thinking in an innovative way.
What you bring in:
- You have a full UK driving license.
- Digital competence and ideas, with a high interest and ability in this area, ideally including drone experience and expertise.
- Agricultural machinery experience, such as engineering skills and driving machines
- Supervisory experience would be beneficial, although training can be given.
- You are trustworthy and reliable.
- You are willing to work longer hours during peak periods
Let's peek at how you can grow your well-being, health, and future at KWS!
- Freely following the motto: "Make yourself grow!" we promote individual professional and personal development.
- 35 working hours weekly - additional working hours will be expected based on seasonal demands
- 30 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Highly competitive Pension Scheme with 16% Company contribution and 1.2% minimum employee contribution
- Life Assurance, of three times annual salary
- Income Protection Plan at 75% of salary for long-term illness and disability for a period of three years
- Private Health Care Plan
- Profit Related Bonus Scheme
- Membership of Lifestyles discount scheme
- Reduced diesel prices from the company's fuel pump
- A fun working environment where we take care of each other. We also organize social events such as a Summer Staff BBQ, a Christmas party and charity fundraising events
Did we spark your interest?
Then apply now via our online portal and send us your documents (cover letter, resume, certificates). We look forward to getting to know you!