Kerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment.About the role
Here at Kerry, we are currently recruiting for a full time Laboratory Technician onsite in Runcorn, Cheshire working on a rotating shift ;Key responsibilities
Qualifications and skills
- Monitor QC testing results and highlight/escalate potential issues as necessary to the relevant functions/key stakeholders recommending solutions to address the issue and identifying any corrective action taken
- Assist with validation and verification of site sanitation programmes by swabbing and collating micro samples in accordance with the site environmental monitoring programme, testing cleaning solution strengths and using ATP and allergen test kits
- Provide concise and accurate information to support any investigations
- Participate in the internal Quality audit process to verify compliance against defined standards and codes of practice
- Adhere to food safety, H&S and environmental standards and requirements
- Ensure the cleaning schedule is adhered to and the laboratory remains a safe and hygienic environment.
- Develop and build relationships across all departments in particular Supply Chain and Production to ensure efficient end to end delivery of customer products
- Assist with on boarding of new team members in similar roles
- Follow all Food Safety, Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements of the site - ensuring you comply with the site's procedures and standards
- Report all Food safety and Quality incidences along with near-misses, accidents, hazards, occupational illnesses and emergencies in line with correct reporting procedures. Support the investigation processes when required to do so
- Participate in Food Safety & Health and Safety initiatives and programmes on site, such as Health and Safety week, risk assessments and behavioural safety observations, to drive a positive culture and eliminate workplace incidents.
- Practical experience within a food/pharma or chemical manufacturing Laboratory environment
- Knowledge of QC testing equipment and methods, (preferably including GC and GC-MS)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Particularly Excel)
- Ability to prioritise own workload in accordance with business needs.
- Strong problem solving/mathematical skills
- High level of accuracy/attention to detail.
- Organoleptic assessment ability - odour and flavour evaluation (will include alcohol and some allergenic materials)
- Ability to act on own initiative, working alone or in a team environment
- Confidence and ability to make decisions
- Ability to work well and keep a clear focus under pressure
- An investigative mind with proven problem-solving skills and a passion to identify the root cause of non-conformities.
What's in it for me?Opportunity for career development,â matched pension scheme to up to 10% and access to an employee assistance program and employee benefit ;In Kerry we benefit from the knowledge of our colleagues who bring a diverse range of cultures, backgrounds, lifestyles and experiences.One team fostering an inclusive culture that, above all, inspires food and nourishes life.One culture where everyone brings their unique perspectives and experiences to help make us better, together.We are committed to nurturing an environment of positivity and inclusiveness, where everyone can be at their best, both personally and professionally.Our recruitment, selection and assessment process are based on the skills and competencies of the specific roles and based entirely on ;We are committed to and value Diversity and Inclusion in all recruitment processes within Kerry and do not discriminate based on gender, race, class, economic status, ethnic background, sexual orientation, age, political beliefs, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic.