Job Description:THE OPPORTUNITY
Are you a Production Supervisor with experience of working in the Aerospace industry? This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a successful leader in the Aerospace industry. You will experience working in a friendly and welcoming environment within a team who take pride in the work they do. Reporting to the DCC Production Manager, you will be required to plan, direct and manage a multi-disciplined team in order to deliver Production, Spares and Repair products to Quality, Cost and Schedule in accordance with the programme plan and Leonardo Helicopters financial milestones.
The Company proactively encourages personal development.Life at Leonardo
With a company funded benefits package, a commitment to learning and development, and a flexible approach to working hours focused on the needs of both our employees and customers, a career with Leonardo has never offered as many opportunities or been more accessible to as many people.
- Pension: Award winning pension scheme (up to 10% employer contribution)
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell leave and to accrue up to 12 additional flexi leave days per year
- Flexible Working: Flexible hours with hybrid working options. For part time opportunities, please talk to us
- Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme, access to Mental Health support, Financial wellbeing support, network groups
- Lifestyle: Discounted Gym membership, Cycle to work scheme
- Company funded flexible benefits: Access to private healthcare, dental schemes, Workplace ISA, Go Green Car Scheme, technology and lifestyle options (£500 annual allowance)
- Training: Free access to more than 4000 online courses via Coursera
- Referral Incentive: You can earn a reward for successfully referring a friend or family member
- Bonus: Scheme in place for all employees at management level and below
For a full list of our Company benefits please visit our website.
Leonardo is a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. Headquartered in Italy, Leonardo has over 45,000 employees, of which 8,000 are based at 8 sites throughout the UK.
At Leonardo UK, we believe that a diverse and inclusive work environment unlocks our people's full potential and drives innovation and creativity. We work hard to offer a welcoming, accessible and inclusive place to work for all of our people, creating a culture where everyone can thrive, feel safe and have a sense of belonging and connection.
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of Leonardo's future. We can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow, so why not join us.
United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels
United Kingdom Security Vetting
List of national security vetting clearance levels with guidance on who needs it and what checks are completed at (url removed) WHAT YOU WILL DO AS PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Your main tasks and activities will include, but not be limited to:
- Achieve the work programme and product delivery dates as presented in the department Master Schedule
- Provide regular forecast and task updates to internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with all supporting areas inside and outside of the Company
- Drive a minimum performance (Standard Time over Actual Time)
- Support New Product Introduction to deliver on time and to F7
- Lead appropriate Business Improvement Initiatives engaging and involving multi-disciplined teams, using structured tools and techniques
- Create a positive and pro-active working environment developing a well-informed, empowered, flexible and multi skilled workforce
- Monitor the KPI suite to measure, control and drive appropriate management and operational behaviour to improve Cost, Quality and Delivery at shop level, module and work centre level.
- Control and improve Manufacturing Costs
- Ensure robust process control and auditing to achieve compliance with Health and Safety legislation
- Ensure all members of the team are clear on their roles and the level of performance expected from them
- Ensure each task set is designed so it can be achieved and remove any constraints that may exist
- Define work priorities within the team
- Lead cross-functional teams to resolve manufacturing problems and reduce levels of non-conformance whilst pursuing continuous improvement opportunities
This is a great opportunity to bring your talents and form an integral part of Leonardo's future. We can help you develop your skills and offer great opportunities to develop and grow. So if you feel like you could fit in this role and you are avid to develop then why not join us.WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Supervisory experience with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation
- Sound understanding of Composite manufacturing
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation Capability of working under pressure and facing and achieving challenging targets
Desirable but not essential:
- Company Operating System, Functional Manual and WHPS requirements
- Recognised Engineering apprenticeship
GB - Yeovil - Lysander RdContract Type:Hybrid Working: