Job DescriptionYour key responsibilities as the Head Chef are to:
- To organise and provide a high quality of food production and catering services to company and client standards.
- Demonstrate creativity and ongoing innovation within all aspects of the food and service offering - Grab & Go, Hospitality, Fine Dining and Events.
- Maintain & achieve the catering budgets and standards set out by Lexington and the client requirements without compromising on the food offer.
- Establish and maintain health & safety and hygiene procedures in line with the company policy.
- Produce and present food in conjunction with the kitchen team maximising customer appeal and exceeding Lexington and client expectations.
- Lead by example and monitor the performance of all kitchen staff.
- Conduct the purchase, receiving, storage and stock controls of all lines demonstrating kitchen due diligence.
- Show financial management through correct costing, stock taking and menu planning benefiting both Lexington and our customers.
- Recruit, support, train, coach and manage all kitchen staff and set an example for delivering an efficient, high quality, creative and financially beneficial service for both Lexington and our customers.
- Enhance and improve skills and knowledge by training and development benefiting self, all staff, Lexington and our customers.
- Ensure attendance of all relevant training & development courses and forums.
- Communicate and work with the General Manager to ensure all work is carried out efficiently and to the desired timeframes.
: 40 Hours, Mon- FriSkills and ExperienceThe experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Head Chef include:
- Experience in producing a high volume, yet creative and fresh, food offering.
- Up to date with current food trends and dining scene.
- Effective communicator: verbal, and non-verbal, team work, team builder, persuasive and flexible.
- Management skills - leadership, delegation, achievement orientated, motivated, staff development focus, analysis and problem solving, planning & organising, decisiveness & judgement.
- Ability to creative a motivated and fun working environment.
BenefitsAs part of your package, we are offering a salary up to £40,000 per annum
This role comes with an Employee Assistance Programme, a great cycle to work scheme, workplace pension, life Assurance (x2), 28 days holiday - pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 2 years' service, great benefits for you and your family and day off for your birthday!#