Monday 23 October 2023Salary Range
£61,911 - £89,427We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Hybrid WorkingJob Description Summary
.Job Description JOB TITLE:
Cloud Technical Recovery Manager SALARY:
The salary banding for this role is £66,861 - £74,290 LOCATION:
Bristol, Edinburgh, Halifax, Leeds & Manchester HOURS:
35 hours, full time WORKING PATTERN:
Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites. Please note, this role includes the responsibility of providing out of hours on-call support for incidents for one week per month to ensure 24/7 incidents coverage. About this opportunity
Do you love playing a leading role in ensuring the swift and efficient recovery of cloud-based services following incidents or disruptions? Then this is the role for you!
As a Cloud Technical Recovery Manager you ll play the key role in driving the right level of response to incidents, determining impact, rallying Engineers to mitigate, communicating to users and ensuring appropriate remediations and orchestrate the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process.
You ll work hand-in-hand with Engineers across Cloud Services to ensure we monitor, detect, respond, communicate and mitigate incidents. When not managing incidents, you'll help scale our ability to respond to incidents, improve our operations, analyse data to provide insights and deepen our technical expertise in products. As a result, you ll be seen as the protector of our users - in minimizing the impact of incidents on their businesses.
Responsibilities include, serving as the central point of contact during major cloud service incidents, orchestrating incident response activities. You ll be communicating incident status, progress, and expected timelines to users and internal teams. Whilst managing customer expectations and providing regular updates during incident recovery activities.
You ll maintain detailed incident records, including incident reports, timelines, and recovery efforts.
Conducting post-incident analysis to identify root causes, patterns, and opportunities for improvement, ensuring that problem management tasks meet SLAs & user expectations. Whilst implementing corrective actions to enhance incident recovery and prevent recurrence. Why Lloyds Banking Group
From building a truly sustainable business to creating a place where people love to work, we need colleagues who are up for the challenge of our bold ambitions. Who are excited to push boundaries and make change happen. Together, we can grow with purpose. What you ll need
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple incidents concurrently with authority and influence responders with agency and reasoning skills to resolve ambiguous problems and drive to root cause
- Solid understanding of infrastructure, including physical, virtual, and container-based compute platforms
- Excellent task management skills, must be diligent, with ability to remain composed, methodical, and think fast in a high-pressured environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate complex technical issues for internal and external customers
- Ability to review complex technical details regarding ongoing issues/events and convey the key details to senior partners to facilitate real-time decision making
- Significant, demonstrable major incident experience for organizations that run critical applications or always-on SaaS environments.
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it s why we especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
We re disability confident. So if you d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us knowWe also offer a wide ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We keep your data safe. So, we'll only ever ask you to provide confidential or sensitive information once you have formally been invited along to an interview or accepted a verbal offer to join us which is when we run our background checks. We'll always explain what we need and why, with any request coming from a trusted Lloyds Banking Group person. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.