The Business Support Assistant is part of a small team that plays a vital role in supporting the management team of our UK based logistics company. You will provide day to day administrative and practical support to key operational and business support functions, as well as providing ad hoc assistance to our directors. Strong IT skills and the ability to work with high levels of accuracy and confidentiality are essential.
- Drafting, editing and updating documents and sending letters
- Organise meetings, take notes and communicate follow up actions.
- Arrange lunches, prepare meeting rooms and greet visitors on arrival.
- Maintain records and documents including, employee records, training information, service agreements and maintenance reports, QMS controlled and operational process documents.
- Assist with new supplier paperwork and benchmarking exercises.
- Collate and distribute information from and for employees.
- Assist with projects and initiatives including staff well-being, health & safety and new software implementation.
- Obtain quotes and assist with supplier service level agreements.
- Notetaking at interviews and other meetings
- Assist with incident, accident, near miss and quality variance reports.
- Assist with the coordination of fire warden meetings, fire drills, alarm tests, etc.
- Carry out and record staff Display Screen Equipment (DSE) workstation checklists.
- Assist with audit preparation and progressing follow up actions.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by senior management team.
Facilities and onsite IT
- Liaise with external suppliers to arrange services and repairs of company equipment.
- Coordinating and overseeing the activities and work undertaken by suppliers whilst onsite at the facility to include compliance with internal security processes.
- Undertake project work under the guidance of the senior management team which may include hands on tasks, liaising with internal specialist support functions and external suppliers and contractors.
- Ordering IT services via support teams in Germany and assisting with the setup of mobile phones, laptops and other IT hardware
- Liaising with IT support teams in Germany to resolve issues, working as an on-site representative and escalating issues when necessary
- Providing administrative support to the Financial Controller for regular and ad hoc finance tasks, such as payroll administration, supplier payment, petty cash and credit card administration.
- Providing administrative support to the HR Manager for regular and ad hoc HR tasks, such as HR database and personnel and training record maintenance, document preparation and archiving in line with UK GDPR
- Carry out document checks including proof of right to work, employment reference collation and driving licence checks.
- Recruitment administration including liaising with agencies, posting adverts internally and externally, CV reviewing, liaising with candidates and arranging interviews
- Support the induction of new starters and the correct processing of leavers.
- Support HR Manager in ongoing process improvement projects
Health, Safety and Security
In addition to being actively engaged in identifying potential risks and mitigations in the course of your work, you are also personally responsible for the security of site, personnel and data and the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others that may be affected by your acts and omissions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work with confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively and adhere to deadlines.
- Competent in MS Office and online databases
- Experience of recruitment
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.