Digital Content Designer / £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
Are you digital content designer who enjoys a challenge?
Do you enjoy working collaboratively across teams?
Macildowie are currently working in conjunction with a great business in Coventry who are looking for a Digital Content Designer to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
You will be working closely with the campaigns / content teams and subject matter experts, to optimise and publish accessible content, designing layouts and improve user experience on websites and marketing apps. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and collaborative skills as they will lead and co-ordinate website and app projects involving a variety of teams and stakeholders.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using content design methods, work collaboratively with copywriters, campaigns, designers, agencies and subject matter experts to proactively maintain, update and manage user focused content on websites and marketing apps, ensuring web pages keep pace with audience needs, are relevant, accurate and engaging, and use a variety of rich content.
- Ensure web/app content is CMA compliant and complies with data protection/GDPR, PECR, accessibility and brand guidelines.
- Maintain digital standards ensuring developments and improvements are user focused, in plain English, device responsive, optimised, and meet accessibility requirements.
- Ensure all website / marketing apps properties are technically optimised to attract and engage the target audience. Where appropriate undertake A/B testing.
- Provide advice and guidance to expedite new site builds and digital content projects and to promote the effective use of digital channels.
- Use tools such as Google Analytics to track and analyse web performance, and undertake periodic website / marketing app audits, interpreting the data to create rports and make recommendations on how to improve content and traffic to the websites and apps.
- Review SEO performance across key metrics and other key indicators such as ranking, visibility, conversions and authority and implement SEO strategies to support digital activities onsite and offsite.
- Provide campaign support through target link building and report on effectiveness.
- Working with the campaigns and content team, undertake web and competitor analysis and site audits compiling reports to underpin site and content development to promote the university's offer.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships across a complex network of stakeholders, ensuring relevant teams are briefed appropriately and that opportunities for joint working are maximised.
- Provide out-of-hours support during planned high traffic activity for example, emergency situations, peak recruitment times, events etc
The ideal candidate will be:
- Educated to a graduate level or have an equivalent professional qualification or can demonstrate relevant work experience.
- Experience in a web-related discipline including delivering online solutions.
- Proven experience of on-page Search Engine Optimisation.
- Demonstrable experience of analysing web data and designing and providing analytics reports.
- Experience of web analysis tools (eg Google Analytics, Web trends, Net sight).
- Experience of A/B testing.
- Experience of taking complex information and using it to communicate clear recommendations for improvement.
- Experience of liaising with a wide range of stakeholders.
Please put your home postcode on your CV when applying. Our recruitment tech uses this to make sure your CV is reviewed by the relevant consultant, for the relevant job(s), in the relevant geography.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process.
If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website (macildowie) and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.