What's on Offer for the Shift Manager at Quorn Foods?
- Annual Salary up to £50,000
- A Permanent position
- Working with a worldwide organisation
- Benefits: Pension and life insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retail discounts
- On-site parking
- Brand new communal area Village Green and Learning Centre
- Staff Shop - ex stock available in bulk at sizable discount
Major Recruitment are extremely proud to be partnering with Quorn Foods in Stokesley. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Shift Manager to join their Team on a Permanent basis.
This opportunity gives a Shift Manager the chance to work with one of the most respected companies in UK. They offer not only an excellent package, but more importantly in today's world, job security.
- Ensure all activities on site are executed in a safe manner by competent staff and in accordance with appropriate job methods and risk assessments. Identify and manage delivery of overall functional training and development requirement, and define and maintain relevant levels of staff competency to carry out defined tasks
- Be alert to hazards and unsafe conditions take prompt action to address them
- Contribute to risk assessment and accident/near miss investigation
- Ensure understanding of own responsibilities for Health and Safety as laid down in the Company Health and Safety Responsibilities for Managers and Supervisors, and carries out the Company safe operating practices, and procedures.
- Continually challenges to ensure current practices align with the values and objectives of the site
- Actively encourage an open and empowered culture across the whole site
- Contribute to leadership team meetings
- Work closely with other relationship holders, senior managers and knowledge managers
- Ensure that there are clear communication flows between shift teams and with other functional departments
- Hold review meetings with Engineering / QA / Operatives to ensure root cause of issues are established
- Ensure that the production plan service levels are delivered
- Ensure that planned maintenance requirements undertaken by the production shift technicians are delivered in full
- Drive costs savings through efficient use of resources at your disposal
- Understand the control of costs and overhead expenditure in line with budgetary targets.
- Set & review performance targets regularly
- Continue to develop the SIC & loss reporting process to drive hour by hour performance
- Create future action plans to achieve business objectives
- Actively participate in capital investment projects to increase capacity / product range
- Support the site continuous improvement program,
- Support the site management of change process,
- Support the site capital project process.
- Keep up to date with product/service developments
- Develop technical skills
- Minimum 5 years' experience at management or senior op level with experience in FMCG / Food / chemical / process type industry
- Demonstrable scale project management experience
- Proven track record as an inspirational leader/coach able to lead high performing teams
- Great team player with good influencing skills
- Experience & knowledge of lean manufacturing practice
- Minimum Managing Safely (IOSH) accredited
- Experience of budgets, variances and strong financial awareness
- Knowledge of GMP
- Fluent with Microsoft IT packages
- Knowledge of planning & operations KPI's
- Understanding business risk e.g. insurance issues and business continuity
- Environmental awareness
Please note that due to the location of the clients premises, your own transport is advised