Menzies Distribution are currently recruitign for a Transport Planner to join our team in Carrington.
£(phone number removed) P/A
Monday 4am-1pm & Tuesday to Friday 5am-2pm
Transport Planner Duties:
- Ability to prioritise work load and deal with a demanding transport plan, planning for multiple customers
- Develop back haul lanes with both Menzies depots and 3rd party customers whilst maintaining fleet utilization.
- Manage and understand Working Time Directive Compliance and comply with all Transport legislation.
- Ability to cover loads with Sub-Contractors and negotiate rates
- Be able to utilise the extensive Menzies network, working with other depots to cover outbound loads and secure reloads to ensure we are planning as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Reviewing and understanding vehicle earnings and revenue reports and have the ability to produce them and have a good understanding of associated costs.
- Ability to forge excellent working relationships with Stakeholders.
- Ability to explain efficiencies and plans to Management and Supervisors
- Dealing with customers orders from percentage load fill, pallet count, etc. and building them into an efficient plan minimising empty running and maximising profitability whilst still meeting customers agreed KPI targets
Transport Planner Requirements:
- A Can-Do, Positive attitude with the ability and initiative to constantly revisit the transport plan and ensure the plan is as efficient and achievable as possible whilst still maintaining targeted vehicle earnings and customer service
- Previous experience in a Transport Planning Role (Mandatory)
- Experience of working in a busy Transport office
- Knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation
- Good standard of education and IT literate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Commercial understanding
- Knowledge of transport systems such as ESP, GTS, Transporeon and Blujay
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- SPIRIT Awards - Peer to Peer recognition
Menzies Distribution is committed to creating a fair and inclusive environment, where employees feel safe, proud and valued. We seek to recruit people from the widest talent pool, who reflect the society in which we work, and encourage an inclusive culture where people can feel empowered to be the very best, they can be, which is what makes us strong as a business with an increasingly agile workforce.