Menzies Distribution are currently looking for a Transport Administrator to join our busy team based in Droitwich. The purpose of the job is to arrange the delivery of the customer's product on time and in full using the most cost effective means possible and best use of available resources, whilst complying with Transport Legislation and Health & Safety. The aim is to maximize the utilization of the Menzies Fleet through efficient planning of deliveries and collections as well as maximized utilization of Menzies drivers in line with current driver's hours and WTD legislation.
What You Really Want To Know:
- The salary for this role is £27k per annum
- This is working Monday to Friday, the hours are 14:00 - 22:00
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Parking Onsite
- Monthly Pay
Key Duties and Accountabilities (Will include but not be limited to)
- Maintenance and Management of the Transport Management System (TMS).
- Ensure effective and efficient use of driver and vehicle resources.
- Ensuring customer requirements are administered in a timely, controlled and recorded manner.
- Liaise, support and develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Promote effective and efficient standards of work, in order to comply with transport legislation, company policy and Health & Safety legislation.
- Promotion and adherence to site policy and procedure.
- Managing Driver hours, WTD rules.
- To carry out investigations or incident reports in relation to any vehicle incidents when necessary.
- Ensure all agency drivers are inducted correctly and Compliance is monitored.
- Manage tachograph infringements to ensure full compliance.
- Manage driver briefing / de-briefing including downloading driver digicards.
- Co-ordinate drivers including managing holiday and sickness cover.
- Query investigation and resolution.
- Preparing and submitting various KPI reports.
- Record, monitor & be proactive in achieving improved fuel efficiency and better MPG
- Cross functional interaction (Warehouse / Drivers or Contractors / Customers).
- Undertake any other duties that are reasonably requested.
- All other transport office related duties
Key Experience and Qualifications:
- Good communication skills are essential with the ability to express empathy with customers
- Excellent written and verbal skills are essential.
- Experience resolving disputes in a fair and calm manner and be able to identify issues, which could potentially become problematic and avoid situations arising.
- Strong geographical knowledge
- Knowledge of Health & Safety.
- Knowledge of transport systems.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to grasp new ideas, develop and assist in implementing better working practices and methods.
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good 'people skills' for working with a range of colleagues and customers.
- Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Word & Excel).
- Ability to work on own initiative, demonstrates organisational skills.
- Change management skills
- Commitment to role and site objectives.
- Always strive to improve personally and professionally.
Technical Skills and Behavioural Competencies:
- Team Player
- Good communication skills
- Lateral thinker
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize
- Able to develop relationships with others (both internal and external)
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- People management skills
- Self starter who works on their own initiative
Transport Administrator Requirements:
- 'Right To Work' in the UK
- Good standard of education
- IT literate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Commercial understanding
- Knowledge of transport systems.
- Uniform & PPE provided
- Healthcare for all employees and dependants, including dental, optical, physiotherapy, health screening, 24/7 counselling and more
- Employee perks: discount on trips, hotels, gyms, days out, restaurants, supermarkets and more
- Discount on mobile phone contracts with EE;
- Training opportunities and development plans
We look forward to hearing from you.