London-based data insights company connecting funds and investors.
New business-focused business developer with asset management exposure needed - you might have worked in a sales role for a company that provides financial data and insight across the asset management / alternative assets space.
Our client connects funds and investors, priding themselves on being a leader in capital introductions. Our client works with Hedge Funds, Long Only, Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure and other Collective Investment funds in order to identify investors worldwide that would be susceptible to investing in their funds.
The role of the sales employee is to help grow our client's fund client base in a sustainable and efficient way, working closely with the other members of a small sales team.
- Develop opportunities through firm leads and your own research to establish whether or not fund managers may be suitable for our client's service
- Introduce new fund managers to the business - various methods of outreach include cold-calling, marketing and email campaigns, attending conferences, acting upon referrals from industry contacts and current clients, managing incoming requests
- Be an ambassador for the firm and have a thorough knowledge of our client's service offering
- Gather correct contact information and firm details; using access to external data and information sources and an internal CRM
- Record all interactions with potential clients within a CRM system - maintain an up to date record of all sales pipelines and prospects so that accurate forecasts can be made
- Draft proposals and other supporting material required post-meeting. This may involve producing supporting documents and stats
- Produce weekly progress reports for senior management
- Follow up with companies where our client has had past relationships, re-initiating contact
- Arrange and attend sales meetings
- Understand our client's competitors, and value proposition. Be able to answer questions surrounding the business model, and run sales meetings with senior executives
- Organise and execute any follow-up processes that are required post-meeting
- Help to prepare formal agreements
Cold calling / outreach experience is essential, as is exposure to the financial services space - ideally asset management. If you have worked in a sales role for a company that provides financial data and insight across the asset management / alternative assets space, that would be amazing.
- Strong written and organisational skills, with attention to detail
- Passion for investing and intellectual curiosity geared toward the fund management industry
- Demonstrable ability to master difficult concepts quickly and operate in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional relationship and network building skills
- Self-starting attitude and aptitude for cold outreach to originate new pipeline opportunities
- Demonstrable experience in a business development or sales role
- Desirable Experience within the domain of asset and investment management
- Desirable Bachelor's degree with strong academic credentials and other relevant training certificates
Our client is looking to pay c.£50-65k Base Salary with potential to pay more but strictly dependant on experience. Generous bonus and commission will be discussed at interview.
I look forward to hearing from you.