About The RoleWe make morrisons
Are you an HR professional that wants to operate in an embedded People team that truly business partners, with the opportunity to oversee multiple stores?Our People Managers are operational business partners, real experts in their field - ensuring successful alignment of the people and operational store plan(s) to drive business performance. You will coach and develop high performing management teams, working collaboratively with them to provide a great environment for our colleagues and customers. Our People Managers ensure talent and development are on the agenda, and coach and support line managers to perform to their best potential. Reporting to the Regional People Manager, you will also be responsible for;
How do we say thank you?
- Leading the People function and delivery of our people plan across up to four stores
- Championing our diversity and inclusion aspirations, ensuring we have a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve.
- Owning and delivering the strategic workforce plan across the store(s), focusing on talent planning, attraction and development.
- Taking a truly hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the 'pulse' of our colleagues to ensure a high level of engagement.
- Delivering results in a fast-paced environment
You will play a vital role in our business and have a huge impact on our future success. You will receive excellent training, support and continued development, along with an excellent salary and superb benefits package. With over 50% of our roles being filled internally, you will have a great opportunity to build your career with Morrisons, whether that be in our wider People team or moving into an Operational role.Want more?
Our benefits package not only includes an attractive pension scheme, private healthcare and an annual bonus of up to £1500, but also 15% colleague discount for yourself, and an additional 10% that we encourage you to share with your friends and family.About YouWhat do we need from you?
Our People Managers don't need to be CIPD qualified (although advantageous!) but we do look for experience in an Operational HR role, whether this be in a retail environment or with the hospitality and leisure or manufacturing / distribution.You will also need:
- Ability to build and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships, using strong influencing skills.
- A passion for spotting, driving talent and creating a successful team culture.
- Prior experience of supporting ER agendas and key processes.
- Prior experience of managing multiple stores / sites is advantageous, but not essential.
- Ability to listen hard and respond quickly to improve employee engagement.
- Drive, enthusiasm and tenacity to deliver targets in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to work variable hours including early mornings, evenings (when required) working 5 days out of 7 across the week.
If you don't meet every single requirement, don't worry. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. No doubt you'll have shopped in our stores before, but why not take a look at some of the areas our customers don't see, such as our warehouses and colleague staffrooms to get a real taste of life at Morrisons. Explore using our 360 tour, please click here.About The CompanyShopkeepers for over 100 years, we love providing our customers with a great shopping experience they won't find anywhere else.At just under 500 stores across the UK, our retail colleagues work as one team to provide plenty of food essentials, a great service and a buzz people enjoy. It's why our customers keep coming back for more.The UK's 4th largest supermarket, we provide great value for money and good quality fresh food and groceries to over 11 million customers every week. Our focus on freshness makes us stand out as we prepare more fresh food in-store than any other supermarket. It's challenging. It's fast-paced. But from Market Street to checkout our friendly team loves going above and beyond to bring our customers what they want.At Morrisons we believe in investing in our colleagues and industry-leading training programmes. We provide our colleagues with the opportunities they need to make it to the top. Many of our store managers started out on the shop floor. They've been there and done that. It's how they know how to support our colleagues and help our customers so well.