Job Description Do you want to work for a company whose purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes, and to transform businesses, communities, and opportunities for its employees?
The vision for Strategic Advisory portfolio is to "Empower lasting industry transformation". We partner with clients to navigate complex organisational challenges and discover opportunities by providing high value management consultancy services that deliver transformational change.
Our dynamic and diverse team is not short on ambition. We want our people to have genuinely exciting and fulfilling careers full of equal opportunities for growth, with a real sense of purpose through meaningful work and relationships. All of this is underpinned by a culture of trust and transparency. We deliver our work online as a fully hybrid team, we continue to embrace technology change to support greater flexibility and work-life balance.
We are passionate about bringing our purpose to life to improve society by considering social outcomes in all we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.Role Overview:
We are looking for an Consultant to provide project delivery and support the growth of our high potential Asset Climate & ESG offer.
Our vision for the Asset Climate & ESG offering: empowering infrastructure owners and investors to manage climate and ESG risks and maximise opportunities from the transition to a resilient, low-carbon world.
Our clients own, invest in, or operate critical and highly complex infrastructure assets or portfolio of infrastructure assets.The Opportunity:
You will support the development of our value proposition that responds to the client's need. This will extend across our Strategic Advisory and European Advisory business and form a key node in our Global Advisory community. You will be a vital part of the team and demonstrate right behaviours with a positive, can-do attitude.
You will support our continuing commercialisation journey and upscaling of our intellectual property, including PCRAM (Physical Climate Risk Assessment Methodology) which provides the tools needed to identify, assess and, most crucially, demonstrate the positive return for investors when they improve the resilience of infrastructure assets.Responsibilities:
Project Delivery and Governance
- Depending on experience, contribute to or lead project workstreams, engage and maintain relationships with clients and ensure adherence to our quality standards
Supporting business strategy and execution
- Support execution of the team's value proposition in line with overall Strategic Advisory strategy offering and fostering a culture of learning and excellence
Culture & People
- Support senior team members in establishing and driving ways of working as well as contributing to the team's culture
Thought leadership, innovation and best practice
- Work with the Asset Climate & ESG Lead to identify opportunities for external engagement and market positioning initiatives
- Support awards submissions (especially with Clients) and foster culture of excellence
Business development and growth
- Contribute to bids and proposals while demonstrating good commercial acumen
- Responsible for managing general or mid-level customer relationships
- Support and promote a knowledge sharing culture between team members and the wider Strategic Advisory chapters
Candidate Specification Core Skills / Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in at least one of Transportation, Energy, Water or Built Environment infrastructure sector
- Knowledge of sustainability and ESG requirements for infrastructure investors and asset owner and to include use of digital in climate, ESG strategy and its implementation across an organisation
- Excellent and demonstrable consultancy skills, including management consultancy, project management or equivalent, ideally supported by qualifications
- Expertise and knowledge of major programme functions, business acumen and how people, performance and projects come together
- Some experience of business development and client relationship management in a consultancy setting, with an ability to win new work that builds a strong pipeline (desirable)
- Strong communication skills, polished creative/technical writing and a confident presenter
- Customer centric perspective focusing on outcomes and whole-life value
- Ability or emerging ability to influence stakeholders at all levels including the executive team
- Security clearance would be an advantage
- Commitment to company PRIDE values (Progress; Respect; Integrity; Drive; Excellence)
- A self-starter mentality with a desire to apply initiative and new ideas, comfortable working in a dynamic, evolving environment
- An open minded, collaborative attitude; a strong sense of team spirit; vision driven
- Adaptable, versatile and agile with the ability to respond rapidly and effectively to challenges
- Ability to think laterally, bringing creativity to problem solving
- Demonstrable passion for sustainability and ESG and delivering built environment transformation
We are actively recruiting a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve. We recognise that differences in ability, skills and experience are a strength and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
Job Profile About the business unit
The Advisory and Programme Delivery(APD) unit delivers management services in all the sectors that Mott MacDonald operate in the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Water, Transportation and, Education, Health and Care.
TheUnit delivers services to projects ranging in scale and complexity up to £20bn, through the technical disciplines of Programme Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Scheduling, Cost Management, Estimating, Infrastructure Finance, Management Consulting, Digital Consulting and Education, Health and Care Management. How to apply
To apply for thisrole,please complete our 15-minute application via our website. Ourtalent acquisitioncoordinators aim to provide feedback within 5 working days with the outcome of your application. More information about our application process can be foundhere . If you have any questions regarding your application or the role, please reach out to the dedicated recruiter listed who will be more than happy to help.
Did you know that Mott MacDonald is one of the world's largest employee-owned businesses? This means that we are not accountable to external stakeholders and are in control of our own future. This creates a unique culture where decisions are made for the benefit of the staff/company over the long term.
We are proud to be a one of Glassdoor's top 25 employers to work for in the UKin 2023, as well as being recognised by theFinancial Times and market and consumer data company Statista as one of the UK's leading and highly recommended management consultants in: Construction & Infrastructure, Energy, Utilities & Environment, Public & Social Sector, Sustainability, and Travel, Transport & Logistics.
We offer some fantastic benefits including:
Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Life insurance
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Continuous development opportunities - because we want you to thrive
- Agile/flexible working - because life isn't 9-5
- Enhanced parental leave; shared parental leave policies - for parents and care givers
- Flexible benefits that suit you, including ability to buy/sell annual leave entitlement, cycle to work & interest free season ticket loans
- Wellbeing support including access to an independent Employer Assistance Scheme, wellbeing champions and access to learning and support resources
- Access to our Advanced Employee Networks which support our LGBTQ+, gender, race and ethnicity, disability and parents/carers communities
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at and we will talk to you about how we can assist. Agile working
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust. More about Mott MacDonald
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person's differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence.
United Kingdom . click apply for full job details