Join us on the Journey
National Express are looking to recruit a CoSec Assistant on a Fixed Term basis (6 months) to cover maternity leave.
What you'll do:
- Supporting the Company Secretary and the Deputy Company Secretary.
- Maintaining the Group structure chart to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date.
- Assisting with maintaining the Company Secretarial team calendar to ensure it is up-to-date and to give reminders to relevant personnel of upcoming events.
- Assisting with reporting on the Group's compliance as noted above and on the Company Secretarial team's activities, including by assisting with the production of PLC Board governance reports.
- Maintaining the statutory books for all UK Group companies in Blueprint and duly completing all statutory filings on time, including (without limit) statutory accounts, compliance statements, director notifications, share capital filings and all other relevant filings.
- Drafting board minutes, shareholder resolutions and related documents for the UK subsidiary companies and convening board meetings and obtaining shareholder approvals as required, including in connection with the approval of statutory accounts and payment of intra-group dividends.
- Assisting with the drafting and publication by the PLC of market announcements via a regulatory news service of the London Stock Exchange, making appropriate filings with the FCA and lodging documents with the NSM.
- Assisting with the PLC Annual Report production, including drafting sections of/providing information for and/or proofreading sections of the Corporate Governance and Shareholder Information sections.
- Assisting with the organisation of the PLC Board meetings and the PLC Annual General Meeting, including the compiling Board papers and packs, assisting with drafting AGM papers, and making post-meeting filings.
- Assisting with the PLC dividend process, including by agreeing the timetable and documentation for payment of dividends with the Company's Registrar and the Group finance team.
- Assisting with the administration of the Group's share plans (including grants, vestings and exercises of share options and awards), ensuring accurate record keeping (including by keeping the Howells system up-to-date and EBT monthly reconciliations), drafting employee documentation, responding to employee enquiries and preparing and filing tax returns.
- Assisting with ad hoc corporate projects, which may include incorporating new companies, liquidating or striking off companies, issuing new shares in companies, reducing the capital of companies, and assisting with the administration connected with implementing tax structures and/or the acquisition of disposal of companies.
- Liaising with the Company's Registrar and responding to any shareholder enquiries.
- Liaising with the trustees of the Group's off-shore Employee Benefit Trust and responding to any share optionholder enquiries.
- Liaising with the Company Secretarial team's other providers and assisting with checking and arranging payment of invoices.