Process & Mechanical Supervisor - Exciting Opportunity in the Industrial Gas Industry
Our client is a global leader in the industrial gas industry, providing essential gases and services for various sectors across the world. With operations in over 30 countries and a strong commitment to sustainability, our client is at the forefront of energy transition and environmental responsibility. Responsibilities:
As the Process & Mechanical Supervisor, you will be responsible for representing the Plant Manager in their absence, serving as the on-site representative for our client, and ensuring the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of the production plant and satellite locations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as the on-site representative for internal and external contacts, services, authorities, and customers.
- Collaborating with the Operating Service Centre (OSC) to ensure safe, efficient, and reliable plant operation.
- Overseeing safety, health, quality, environmental compliance, site security, and mechanical maintenance.
- Planning and executing routine and non-routine maintenance activities.
- Providing out-of-hours assistance for emergencies and operational/maintenance issues.
- Ensuring adherence to EHS procedures, including safety work permit issuance.
- Compliance with preventative maintenance requirements for the facility and satellites.
- Resolving trade-specific and process-related issues and breakdowns.
- Supervising routine maintenance activities and defect rectification.
- Participating in planned major maintenance activities, such as plant shutdowns.
- Meeting production requirements through operating process equipment.
- Managing spare parts and equipment stock on-site.
- Maintaining accurate record-keeping through SAP and plant logs.
- Ensuring compliance with external standards (ISO14001, ISO9001, ISO13485, ISO45001, GMP/GDP, FSSC22000).
- Training apprentices and new supervisors.
What's in it for you?
- Minimum Level 3 external qualification in Engineering or completion of a recognized apprenticeship, or proven skills in the process/mechanical field.
- Level 4/5 engineering qualification preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills are crucial in working effectively in a small team size.
- Excellent communication and customer-facing skills to deal with various stakeholders.
- Proactive, self-motivated with a positive attitude that delivers results.
- Ability to work alone on occasions when on-site and at satellite locations.
- Extensive knowledge of the process and equipment operations in the area of responsibility.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- IT literate with experience in SAP and Microsoft Office programs.
Joining our client means being part of a global business that values flexibility, learning, sustainability, and a positive employee experience. They offer:
- Flexibility in work arrangements.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- A competitive salary reflecting your skills and abilities.
- A commitment to sustainability and environmental goals.
- A positive experience throughout your career journey.
Sounds like something that would suit you? Get in touch today, to discuss the role in more detail with Raymond Martin.
Do you have any disability or condition that could affect you in the application and interview process? Please feel free to share this information as part of your application, including any necessary adjustments you might need, so we can help make the process easier for you. We assure you this information will not have any negative effect on the interview process outcome.
About NonStop: We are NonStop, a leading provider of staffing solutions throughout Europe and now also in the US. We're passionate about connecting talent with opportunity and work non-stop to support our clients in hiring the best talent for their teams. Feel free to visit our website, NonStop Consulting (), for more information, to browse all our roles, or to let us know how we can help you.