My client in Peteterborough is in need of an experienced Fitter.
- To assemble complete machines and sub-assemblies to customer specifications, and to test completed equipment.
- Have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship
- Other applicants who are willing to complete appropriate training will be considered
The Job (Main Duties):
- To assemble kit of parts using drawings and internal paperwork system
- To install pneumatic and hydraulic pipework
- To assist with testing of finished equipment and to complete test records
- To operate portable hand tools for drilling, grinding and sanding etc.
- To lift components and assemblies using slings and pendant crane in a safe and protective manner, training will be given
- To work within planned times for jobs, and to feedback deviations when necessary
- To supply feedback on machine and process improvements
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, assisting other sections when required
- To support mechanical work within the maintenance team
- To work on customers sites as part of an installation & commissioning team
- To work on customers sites as part of the Customer Services team
- To maintain a safe and tidy environment within their working area
- To register their time each day using the company ERP system (time booking)
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures
Candidate Profile (Experience, Skills and Knowledge):
- Have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship (Not essential)
- Thorough methodical approach
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications
- Attention to quality
- Flexibility to undertake other tasks in other areas and on customers sites
- A high degree of self-motivation
- Flexibility to work additional house when required
Hours of Work:
Monday to Thursday 07:30 to 16:00 with 30 minute unpaid lunch break
Friday 07:30 -12:30
Some roles will require a night shift rota and possible weekend work so candidates will need to be open to that if required. Nightshift premium will be paid at time and a third.
- Salary: £32,000. Overtime for hours worked over 37/week paid at time and half.
- Holiday: 183 hours holiday entitlement. In addition the Company gives 3 days between Christmas and New Year, and the normal 8 public holidays. Holiday year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
- Private Health Care: You will be entitled to join the Company s Health Care Scheme, whereby you pay 50% and the Company pays 50% of the cost of Private Health Care cover for you, your partner, and your dependent children.
- Life Assurance: 3x annual salary
- Pension: Auto enrolled into pension from first day of employment - minimum of 5%. Company will match your contribution up to 6% (you can put more in than 6%).
mechanical fitter, fitter, mechanical technician