You will be responsible for Mechanical Engineering design from concept through to construction, ensuring projects are delivered to agreed client requirements, budgets, profit margins, quality standards etc.
This role requires a high level of professional engagement with the Clients, external Partners (eg Architects, Suppliers etc) and internal colleagues who form part of a project delivery team. UK and International travel will be required as needed.
- Leads and delivers design, construction and installation projects
- Works closely with clients and project team to establish project requirements
- Represents Company at technical meetings with customers, architects, professional teams and contractor teams
- Carries out engineering reviews to ensure drawings meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Manages designs compliant with latest CDM regulations, liaising with CAD team on M&E drawing production
- Coordination of engineering services, together with hands on delivery of concept and details designs
- Reviews status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others.
- Ensures risk and performance monitoring analysis takes place through effective systems of internal control and delegation
- Ensures project delivery from a Project Management, Contract management, QA/QC and Technical Review perspective
- Participates in the cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of project fee proposals
- Mentors and develops more junior engineers as required
Prior Experience, Skills, Knowledge required
- A Chartered Engineer, with a BSc/BEng in a relevant engineering discipline eg BEng Mech Engineering, General Building Services or qualified through experience (or working towards Chartership)
- MCIBSE and appropriate experience or equivalent
- Significant experience of specification design for a range of building types/sectors including data centres
- Have at least +5 years' experience as a consulting engineer/design contracting
- Already operating at Senior Engineer level or equivalent
- Experienced at confidently representing other engineering services disciplines in client meetings
- Sound knowledge & working application of key health and safety issues/legislation
- Appreciation & working knowledge of contract and business law
- High level of experience at chairing and facilitating project team meetings