This role is a hands on role with a small degree of office based tasks to be undertaken. The role the Maintenance Engineer (PME) is to undertake preventive, predictive and reactive maintenance the site at Port
The role requires the PME to be multi-skilled, and therefore competent to work safely on all equipment comprising of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, instrumentation, control systems, CIP and steam systems.
My client is a well established International FMCG business.
The key responsibilities of the Maintenance Engineer are as follows:
- The PME supports the Factory at ensuring that all preventive, predictive and reactive maintenance is carried out per instructions provided through Preventative maintenance schedules and eventually IFS Service and Maintenance.
- The PME will endeavour to carry out preventive and reactive maintenance and that they are done 'Right First Time'.
- All work done and any problems are reported back through the preventative maintenance record and eventually the IFS Service and Maintenance, communicating what was done, the duration of the work, and what spare parts were used to carry out the maintenance.
- The PME carries out all maintenance using the best practices to ensure reliable servicing and repairs whereby the processes are able to run on time ensuring downtime of any processes are kept to a minimum.
- At certain times the PME will support capital projects, and may be asked to learn new processes to gain specialist knowledge of the process.
- To carry out reliability centred maintenance and rebuild equipment using high technology tools and techniques that ensure reliable performance of that equipment.
- Update KPI reports, preventative/predictive maintenance plans for the site.
- To use effective problem solving tools when problem solving process problems/faults as per training programme.
- Control all stock on IFS with specific locations, regular stock takes and all parts used for a work order are booked out of the system.
- To input data regarding all work carried out onto IFS.
- Create and maintain procedures for all engineering tasks in the factory and link to the asset register on IFS EON. These can be used as training aids for operators.
- Implement and maintain 5S workplace organization in the engineering stores and work areas. To be regularly audited for suitability.
- To work to the 'Clean-As-You-Go' policy, ensuring all areas are cleared at the end of the shift and that tools are returned to their correct storage place.
- Continually improve business processes (CI) to ensure optimum effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Understand the requirements of audits and ensure the laboratory and stores are prepared in terms of hygiene and organization.
- To ensure all inspection issues are dealt with and resolved in a timely manner.
Health and Safety
- To raise a permit to work or a hazard awareness form before commencing work to ensure all hazards that may cause a risk to health and safety are identified and reduced/eliminated.
- To lock off any process before commencing any invasive work that may create a H&S hazard.
- To wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as per requirements of area and task.
- Embedd a culture of 'see it, sort it, report it' where H&S issues are actioned immediately and H&S incidents reported on IFS.
- Ensure personal compliance with all Volac Business Management, Health & Safety, Feed Safety and Environmental Management system requirements.
- To ensure risk assessments are carried out on all new tasks in collaboration with the Site Safety Representative.
To be successful in your application as the Maintenance Engineer you will be:
- Trade Qualification
- The role is a suitable for a person with good IT skills.
- 3 years experience
The PME is a key member of the site, where the PME reports to the Fermentation Process Manager but works closely with the management team.
Key customers of the PME are the production teams, although any person/department on site is a customer.
The successful candidate can expect:
- £35,000 salary
- Competitive pension
- Progression opportunities
- Annual leave at 30 days