The company offers an excellent salary up to 28.5k dependant on experienceA key client of ours are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Purchasing Officer to join their team in Glasgow.The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of the procurement process ensuring that all goods and services are purchased at the best possible price, quality and delivery.Our clients offer the opportunity to work with a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment and competitive benefits such as:
- A 12.5% non-contributory pension
- Hybrid working model
- On-site gym
- An extra holiday on your birthday
- Team building events
- Free parking
- Close to public transport links
- Prepare and process purchase orders and maintain accurate records of all purchasing activities.
- Provide a constant source of quality goods and services trading on a global basis.
- Source, select and negotiate for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services with suppliers.
- Liaise effectively with entities both within and outside of the Purchasing Division.
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies in line with company goals and objectives.
- Manage vendor relationships and monitor performance to ensure compliance with service level agreements and quality standards.
- Occasional travel as required
You may also be asked from time to time to undertake other tasks that are considered to be relevant to your position such as administrative processes, monitoring inventory levels or stock replenishment.Candidate Requirements:
- Proven experience in a Purchasing position or similar role.
- Purchasing knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to use own initiative, prioritise tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
To find out more please send your CV to Amy KerrPertemps acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.