About this amazing opportunity
We are at the forefront of a competitive retail sector, providing amazing value to millions of customers every week, with a National and International store base in the UK, Ireland, Poland and Spain.
As a result of our rapid and continued growth, we have an immediate position available for a Night MHE Warehouse Trainer.
Based at Bryn Wigan, we work on average 40 hours
21:30 - 06:00 Sunday - Thursday Nights. With a flexible approach.
- Reporting to the Training Manager/Shift Manager you will provide an effective training and development service for all colleagues and external candidates
- Ensure high standards of health and safety in all areas of the site.
- Support the H&S team in any investigations involving MHE.
- Ensure training is conducted in accordance with programme and timescales meeting operational requirements in line with legislation and Poundland policy
- Ensure paperwork detailing training given is produced timely and accurately ensuring evidence of training undertaken.
- Train and encourage team to be multi skilled therefore increasing efficiency, accuracy and service
- Ensure safe working practices for manual handling/mechanical handling during training
- Ensure MHE drivers comply with health and safety regulations
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the function and department
- Develop a positive and proactive personal culture to ensure that Health and Safety has a high profile on site.
What will you bring?
If you work for Poundland, we need you to be
- Experience of a training function within a warehouse environment is desirable
- A sound knowledge of manual handling techniques to assessor level is desirable
- RTITB/AITT Lift Truck Instructor qualification is essential
- Ability to work on your own initiative, working to strict deadlines
- Proven track record in effective communication both verbal and written
- A flexible approach to teamwork is essential
- Knowledge of health and safety and willingness to learn
- Certification on all types of sites MHE is desirable
- Confidence to coach and train people is essential
- Being trustworthy and reliable are essential attributes
- Culture fit is non-negotiable - flexibility, fantastic communication skills with huge amounts of driver are a must, together with a natural style that role models our values
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- The ability to be comfortable with high volumes of workload and not to be afraid to 'roll up your sleeves'
- A strong solution focus - being comfortable working in an environment which demands solutions in a cost-effective way
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong driver to create a positive and inclusive work environment
- Must be able to interface at all levels of the organisation
In return for your hard work, you will receive the benefits below;
What you'll need on your CV
- Life assurance scheme
- Pension scheme
- Loyal service awards
- Colleague of the month scheme
- Overtime paid at time and half once you work over 40 hours
Previous track record of MHE training and valid instructors cerificatied/badge essential.
- High Rech Truck
- Counter Balance
An excellent work ethic is a must along with common sense and who is self-motivated with a 'can do' attitude. You must be able to work as an individual, or as a team player with a flexible approach.
Things move fast here at Poundland and you'll be able to cope with change, enjoy working in fast paced DC environment and working to and beating your targets. We're a fantastic company to work for and
Here at Poundland we're a fun and friendly place to work, recognise and celebrate success and we'll encourage you to make the most of your potential! You'll be an important part of a growing UK retailer, get the opportunity to work with hardworking dedicated colleagues and also other benefits include competitive annual leave allowance, pension and much more!