Exciting structural design position in TauntonDue to a healthy forward workload, a highly regarded Design Consultancy are looking to appoint a Structural CAD Technician to join their thriving Taunton Office. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the UK's leadingprivate Engineering Consultancies working for clients on a variety of projects spanning defence, commercial, retail, and residential sectors. This business has recently secured a large amount of work including some highly unusual MOD buildings which would make a great addition to a professional portfolio. On offer is a contemporary flexible working scheme and substantial benefits package which includes private healthcare, a bonus scheme, 25 days holiday and various insurances. Responsibilities
- Working as part of a team on interesting projects large and small.
- Play an active role co-ordinating drawing output with other members of the design team to achieve a coordinated design solution that meets the Clients objectives.
- Structural drawings, details and 3D models of new and existing buildings in steel, concrete, masonry and timber.
- Developing software skills with leading 3D software such as Revit, full training provided
- Working to produce quality and consistency of technical output (drawings, reports etc )
- Ideally a level 3 qualification in a construction or civil engineering area
- Skills with AutoCAD and ideally Revit but not essential
- Varied experience in all the common forms of construction and building types.
- The ability to communicate effectively with other members of the design team
- RC detailing skills would also be desirable but not essential
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and has a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.