RSR is a public safety & enterprise security recruitment specialist. We assist public safety employers to find the right talent. We assist all employers when they want to source experienced public safety and enterprise security staff with key skills and experience.
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our public sector client for a Procure to Pay Team Leader to work on a full-time contract in Preston, Lancashire.
This is a temporary role, on a three month contact and offers a rate of pay of £12.52 per hour.
- To be responsible for the Force's requisitioning and payment of goods and services function, undertake regular reporting and challenge spend outside of expected trends within appropriate areas.
- To ensure continuous improvement in the Procure to Pay function utilising industry standards and processes where applicable
- To work with Senior Financial Accountant to define and implement new policies, processes and procedures to deliver an efficient, customer focused service.
- To manage payment validation and authorisation levels.
- To be responsible for the booking and monitoring of Business travel in line with Force policy.
- To develop, review and monitor agreed Procure to Pay Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with Senior Financial Accountant, customers and external stakeholders with regular performance measurement and review.
- Ensure that agreed systems and procedures are adhered to and that all purchasing and financial transactions are recorded promptly and accurately in the most cost effective manner, following ethical and honest practices at all times.
- Ensure purchase orders and creditor payments are made in line with Service Level Agreements
- Ensure all exception reporting is efficiently managed and resolved within deadline
- Ensure monthly reconciliations are completed, challenging and resolving variances.
- Oversee database management to ensure supplier merge, email/ remittance, supplier catalogues and BAC's supplier details are accurate.
- To be responsible for the supervision and development of the Procure to Pay team in order to cultivate a team based culture focused on delivering a consistent and high standard of customer service.
- Completion of external returns. E.g. National Fraud Initiative, HMRC Translators, Doctors, Consultants.
- To ensure completion of year-end processes in accordance with set timescales.
- To assist in providing information for both internal and external audit purposes, and contribute to implementing audit recommendations.
- Produce monthly publication scheme data and other statistics e.g. KPIs
- Demonstrate a strong personal commitment to delivering and achieving value for money, whilst providing high quality service.
- To promote and comply with Lancashire Constabulary's obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Health & Safety, both in the delivery of service and the treatment of others.
- Take responsibility for improving your performance by participating in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) process with your manager.
- To carry out any other duties which are consistent with the nature, responsibilities and grading of the post
- Level 3 AAT or equivalent with commitment to work towards fully qualified AAT or Level 4 MCIPS within 2 years
- Experience of working in a demanding environment
- Experience of Procurement and Financial Systems
- Experience of working to conflicting deadlines and tight timescales within a busy environment
- Experience of using Microsoft Software Applications, including Word, Excel & Outlook
- Experience of communicating across a wide spectrum of people both individuals and in groups internally and externally
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please apply
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
If this role is not for you but you do know somebody who would be interested, please feel free to refer them to us! We have a "Refer A Friend" bonus scheme and we will reward you retail vouchers for any referrals who are not already known to us and are successfully placed!
Red Snapper Recruitment is a member of the Red Snapper Group.