Head of Repairs and Planned Investment
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.Our Property Services team is knowledgeable, skilled, friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high quality of service we provide.We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to people's lives, each and every day.Join our Property Services team as a Head of Repairs and Planned Investment Housing sits at the heart of our organisation. We believe that everyone deserves a safe, secure, affordable home. Our Property Services team is crucial in helping us deliver on this vision.The team works on the provision and maintenance of our large portfolio of properties. This demands strong organisational skills and the ability to work collaboratively with customers, other teams and external service providers.We're an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.The role
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of Head of Repairs and Planned Investment in Camden. Salary: £67,000 - £77,000 per annum Your responsibilities will include:
What you will need to succeed
- Being responsible for leading the operational delivery of the responsive repairs, voids and planned investment service. Utilising our multi-disciplinary teams and contractors to deliver a customer focused service, which meets or exceeds our service offers, is delivered within budget and evidences a value for money approach.
- Being responsible for ensuring the service complies with all statutory and health and safety regulations in respect of directly employed operatives and maintenance contractors;
- Leading, managing and providing effective reporting of KPIs and MI's to effectively monitor the breadth of services.
- Leading and managing annual budget preparation and monthly review of spend, including reforecasting, revisions or amendments, adhering to Value for Money requirements.
- Developing a good working relationship with key customers and stakeholders, to ensure the service is co-created and customer service standards continue to develop. Attend resident meetings to review the service, take action to respond to feedback and prepare/amend service delivery plans.
- Encouraging a 'learning' culture across the service, ensuring colleagues report H&S accidents, incidents and near misses. Share the information with the teams and encourage safe working practices.
- Working closely with the customer service centre to develop effective 'triaging' of repairs to support right first time; digital communication channels and key objectives contained within One Housing's Customer Service Strategy.
- Effectively working with the business support team to ensure policies and procedures are adhered to for the control of vehicle fleet, van stock and material storage and procurement.
- Leading and managing the procurement of key contracts ensuring adherence with One Housing's Procurement Policy.
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and is friendly and positive.The successful candidate will:Have recent experience of leading a large DLO service Successful leadership of responsive repairs and planned investmentHave a demonstrable track record of achieving KPI's and high levels of customer satisfaction.Have a good level of IT skills and literacy - knowledge of OneServe, DRS scheduling, Keystone, Civica CX will be an advantageous